Football Transfer News: Summer transfer closed but, Clubs are still negotiating a possible move ahead of winter window .
- Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool are in pole position if Frenkie de Jong decides to leave Barcelona in the January transfer window.
- Sporting Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim is on Aston Villa’s shortlist to succeed Steven Gerrard, but former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is not interested in the role.
- Barcelona have been offered the chance to sign Wolves’ Portugal midfielder Ruben Neves, 25, who admits he is attracted by the prospect of playing for the Spanish giants.
- Manchester United are considering releasing Cristiano Ronaldo on a free transfer after the 37-year-old Portugal forward was dropped for refusing to come on as a substitute against Tottenham on Wednesday.
Read Also: Juventus 4-0 Empoli Highlights (Video)
- Tottenham manager Antonio Conte’s hopes of sealing a January move for Valencia goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili have been played down by the 22-year-old’s agent, who has underlined his desire to stay in Spain for the foreseeable future.
- Nemanja Vidic almost went to Liverpool before he was snapped up by Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.
- Manchester United could reportedly target Joao Felix in January to replace Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Arsenal are interested in Eintracht Frankfurt’s 23-year-old French defender Evan Ndicka.
- The agent of Manchester City striker Erling Haaland, 22, has welcomed the possibility of the Norway international signing a new deal with the club.
- Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 29, could reject new contract talks with Crystal Palace as he looks to secure a free transfer move to a top-six club next summer.
- Arsenal’s former vice-chairman David Dein told a get-together of fans this week that he was “sad and hurt” after the club refused to stock his autobiography or promote it in any outlets.
- La Liga clubs are on the brink of strike action as Barcelona and Real Madrid’s plan takes a new twist.
- Liverpool, Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid and Barcelona are monitoring the progress of Borussia Dortmund’s 17-year-old Germany Under-21 forward Youssoufa Moukoko.