FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Tottenham want to sign 23-year-old Italy midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, who Roma would be prepared to sell or loan out with an obligation to buy.
- Newcastle are considering a £35m move for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin despite his struggles with injury in recent seasons.
- Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has agreed a free transfer to Barcelona in the summer according to reports in Spain.
- Chelsea are ready to rival Tottenham for Brentford and Spain goalkeeper David Raya, 27, while Spurs also are keen on signing Slovenia goalkeeper Jan Oblak, 30, from Atletico Madrid.
- Crystal Palace do not plan on losing both France Under-21 midfielder Michael Olise, 21, and 30-year-old Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha this summer.
- Leicester are targeting Stoke City centre-back Harry Souttar and have offered £10m for the 24-year-old Australia international.
- Newcastle have offered Flamengo a £14m package for 18-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder Matheus Franca.
- Chelsea have made an inquiry about Tottenham’s Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma, 26, but have received no encouragement from Spurs regarding a deal that would send Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech, 29, in the opposite direction.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Jude Bellingham, 19, is set to hold a transfer meeting with Borussia Dortmund after indicating to Real Madrid that he prefers a move to Spain rather than a Premier League switch.
- Aston Villa and Everton are battling it out over the signature of striker Moussa Dembele, who has found himself out of favour at French club Lyon.
- Wolves forward Goncalo Guedes, 26, is in his native Portugal before completing a loan move to Benfica.
- Milan Skriniar, 27, will not sign Inter Milan’s contract offer for the time being as the Slovakia defender, out of contract this summer, considers his options.
- Wolves have agreed a £3.3m deal for West Ham’s 32-year-old English defender Craig Dawson.
- Arsenal are interested in Bournemouth’s 23-year-old English winger Jaidon Anthony as Mikel Arteta looks to add further wide options to his squad.
- The Gunners have to register new signing Leandro Trossard from Brighton by 12:00 GMT on Friday in order for the 28-year-old Belgium forward to be eligible to play Manchester United in their next game on Sunday.
- Chelsea have been told to back off pursuing Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo this month after a “cheeky” initial offer was turned down.
- Jesse Lingard has revealed he turned to alcohol to take away the pain towards the end of his Manchester United career.