FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Brighton midfielder Alexis Mac Allister has revealed he would like his next club to be in the Premier League.
- Lyon’s midfielder Houssem Aouar, 24, is close to signing for Eintracht Frankfurt on a free transfer after turning down a move to Manchester United.
- Barcelona could sell some of their biggest stars as the troubled club look to raise £178m, with Brazil winger Raphinha, 26, among those who could be offloaded.
- Virgil van Dijk believes he should have taken a break from first team duties before and following the World Cup after making the stark admission his body paid a price to make a speedy return from knee surgery.
- Manchester United have received loan enquiries from clubs in Turkey for their 21-year-old England forward Mason Greenwood, who is still currently suspended by the club despite criminal charges against him being dropped in February.
Read Also: Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona 0-1 Highlights (Download Video)
• Thursday’s Transfer Gossip: Aouar, Raya, Mane, Scott, Rice, Silva, Gerrard, Kvaratskhelia, Karius
• 2022/23 FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw
- Napoli remain confident of keeping hold of Georgia winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, 22, despite interest from Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- Real Madrid will evaluate the long-term futures of Luka Modric and Toni Kroos before committing to a move for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham, who has been urged to reject a switch to Liverpool.
- Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy hopes to get the all-clear to resume full training within the next fortnight.
- United have joined Chelsea and Arsenal in keeping tabs on Southampton’s 19-year-old Belgian midfielder Romeo Lavia.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Tottenham are eyeing a summer move for Bristol City midfielder Alex Scott. The 19-year-old England youth international is also interesting Crystal Palace and West Ham.
- Negotiations are ongoing between Manchester United and David de Gea. The Spanish goalkeeper, 32, is out of contract in the summer, but keen to remain at Old Trafford.
- Real Madrid are also keeping tabs on Newcastle’s 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Bruno Guimaraes for the remainder of the 2022-2023 season as a potential alternative option to Bellingham.
- Liverpool will be frontrunners in the race to sign Chelsea’s England midfielder Mason Mount this summer, if the 24-year-old is unable to agree a new contract at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea have renewed their interest in RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol, 21, with Manchester City and Tottenham also keen on the Croatia international who has a £97m release clause in his contract that comes into effect from 2024.
- Emi Martinez confessed his next challenge could be as tough as winning the World Cup – as he set his sights on ending Aston Villa‘s 27-year-wait for a major trophy.
- Premier League clubs have reacted with anger and a demand for clarity after Newcastle’s chairman, Yasir al-Rumayyan, was described in a US court document as “a sitting minister of the Saudi government”.
- Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has suggested Chelsea will have to sell players to balance their books after spending £600m on new signings this season.