FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United will reportedly face competition from Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich in a bid to land Joao Felix in January – with Atletico Madrid ‘ready to sell’ for €100million.
- Chelsea are in negotiations with RB Leipzig over signing Josko Gvardiol and the Croatia defender, 20, has said “maybe one day I will be there”.
- Barcelona are interested in Brazilian Endrick, 16, but will not enter a bid for the Palmeiras forward this season.
- Liverpool have held talks over terminating Billy Koumetio’s season-long loan deal with Austria Vienna as they have given the French centre-back, 20, little game time.
- South Korea boss Paulo Bento blasted English referee Anthony Taylor for showing “a deep lack of common sense” when issuing him with his World Cup red card.
- England international Luke Shaw admits that Manchester City players in the England camp stand out because of their love of playing football.
- Roberto Martinez will pursue options in club management after tearful scenes in the Belgium dressing room as he stood down following the nation’s World Cup exit.
- Atletico Madrid have made an enquiry about Leicester’s Turkey centre-half Caglar Soyuncu, 26.
- Al Hilal want to beat Saudi rivals Al-Nassr to the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, after the Portugal forward’s departure from Manchester United.
- Barcelona are talking up the possibility of Lionel Messi returning to the club, with sporting director Jordi Cruyff saying: “Barca and Messi have to be together again one day. This is clear.”
- Borussia Dortmund managing director Carsten Cramer says they have a “good relationship” with former boss and current Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, but the Reds will not get any “gifts” if they want to sign England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, from the German club.
- Brazil are reportedly concerned Neymar could be out for the entire World Cup after he was forced off in their opening game with an ankle injury.
- England midfielder Declan Rice, 23, has indicated he wants to leave West Ham, saying he wants to win trophies and play in the Champions League.
- Jack Grealish has broken his silence on his controversial dig at Newcastle’s Miguel Almiron to apologise for his actions in Manchester City‘s title celebrations last season.
- Nottingham Forest have reached an agreement to sign Brazilian attacking midfielder Gustavo Scarpa, 28, from Palmeiras.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group are still putting recruitment high on their agenda amid apparent changes to their takeover plan, which may not see them sell their whole stake in the club after all.
- Barcelona’s summer signing Franck Kessie does not feel comfortable at the club, who would consider selling the Ivory Coast midfielder, 25, for as little as 10m euros.
- Chelsea are rivalling Newcastle United to sign Brazilian midfielder Andrey Santos, 18, from Vasco da Gama.