FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Real Madrid have agreed a six-year deal worth around £62m to sign Brazilian teenager Endrick from Palmeiras, but the 16-year-old forward will not join the club until July 2024 when he will be aged 18.
- Paris St-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is poised to step up his bid to land Marcus Rashford after the Manchester United forward’s goalscoring form at the World Cup.
- Arsenal will “look at the options” after Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus suffered a knee injury at the World Cup in Qatar, says manager Mikel Arteta.
- Real Madrid are interested in Manchester United winger Alejandro Garnacho – the 18-year-old Argentine who scored his first Premier League goal against Fulham last month.
- The deal for Tyson Fury to fight Oleksandr Usyk is “almost done” and the undisputed heavyweight clash could be held as soon as late February in Saudi Arabia.
- Leicester and England midfielder James Maddison, 26, is Newcastle’s top transfer target in January.
- Manchester United are working on a deal to sign Borussia Monchengladbach and Switzerland goalkeeper Yann Sommer, 33, on a free transfer next summer.
- AC Milan are ready to bid for Chelsea forward Hakim Ziyech, 29, who has impressed at the World Cup with Morocco.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers‘ Chinese owners are looking for a new investor in the club but insist they will not entertain any takeover offers despite financial pressures on their main business.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reportedly asked the board a few months ago to sign a player like Sofyan Amrabat in January.
- Harry Maguire‘s threat from set-pieces makes him the man France must devise a plan to stop, according to daily French newspaper L’Equipe.
- Al-Khelaifi said he was confident Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 35, would extend his stay in Paris when they discuss his future in January.
- AC Milan will give Portugal forward Rafael Leao, 23, an ultimatum in January – sign a new contract or leave.
- Celtic could be set to add to their midfield ranks yet again with Ferencvaros midfielder Aissa Laidouni the latest star to be linked with a move to the Scottish Premiership leaders.
- Ben White returned home from England’s World Cup camp following an alleged bust-up with assistant boss Steve Holland. White also became unhappy in the England camp and struggled to mix with his fellow team-mates.
- Jude Bellingham will tell Borussia Dortmund he wants to leave the club after the World Cup, according to reports.