FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Arsenal are trying to sign 27-year-old France midfielder Adrien Rabiot, who will be out of contract at Juventus in the summer.
- Allan Saint-Maximin hopes France World Cup star Marcus Thuram will turn down a move to Liverpool in favour of linking up with him at Newcastle United.
- Cristiano Ronaldo‘s “right-hand man” has reportedly arrived in Saudi Arabia as a lucrative transfer to Al-Nassr edges ever closer.
- Real Madrid are interested in signing 24-year-old Italy midfielder Manuel Locatelli, who is on loan at Juventus from Sassuolo, if they miss out on Bellingham or Fernandez.
- Chelsea have agreed a 12m euros (£10.5m) deal with Molde to sign Ivory Coast forward David Datro Fofana, 20.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has told German media that he was unable to visit Boris Becker during his prison stay because he was deemed too significant a security risk.
- Leeds have enquired about Everton’s English centre-back Mason Holgate, 26, with Lyon also interested.
- Leeds first-team coach Mark Jackson is in talks with MK Dons over their vacant manager’s position.
- Liverpool and Manchester United are among a number of Premier League clubs monitoring Preston’s 16-year-old Argentine striker Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile, who scored five goals in an FA Youth Cup tie.
- England midfielder Jude Bellingham‘s preference is to join Real Madrid from Borussia Dortmund, despite interest in the 19-year-old from Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United.
- Chelsea and Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, 30, has snubbed a new six-year contract at Stamford Bridge because he believes the club are not showing him enough “respect” over wages.
- Benfica have reportedly placed a £105m price tag on midfielder Enzo Fernandez, a potential target for Liverpool and Manchester United, in the wake of a fine set of performances for World Cup champions Argentina.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive Carlo Nicolini has confirmed Arsenal are interested in signing 21-year-old Ukraine forward Mykhailo Mudryk.
- Crystal Palace are interested in re-signing English defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka, 25, from Manchester United, three years after they sold him to the Old Trafford club.
- Nottingham Forest have joined Fulham in wanting to sign 29-year-old Mali midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure from Everton.
- Arsenal are yet to decide whether to let Portugal defender Cedric Soares leave in January, with Fulham leading the chase for the 31-year-old who is also attracting interest from Bayer Leverkusen and Villarreal.
- Gareth Bale is prepared to play on in MLS for at least another season and keen to continue his time with LAFC, while also continuing his international career with Wales.