FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United are confident England forward Marcus Rashford, 25, and Portugal right-back Diogo Dalot, 23, will extend their contracts with the club. They are among several players whose deals expire in the summer, including Spain goalkeeper David de Gea, 31, England left-back Luke Shaw, 27, and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37.
- Lionel Messi’s new Paris St-Germain contract includes a clause that allows the Argentina forward, 35, to put international priorities before his club’s in the run-up to what is expected to be his last World Cup.
- Arteta wants to bring players of “another level” to Arsenal in January, with Orlando City’s Uruguay winger Facundo Torres, 22, and Shakhtar Donetsk’s Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, 21, topping their list of targets.
- Wolves hope to appoint Spaniard Julen Lopetegui as their new manager on 13 November, the day after they play Arsenal in their final match before the World Cup break.
- Real Madrid have a contract proposal ready for Germany midfielder Toni Kroos in case the 32-year-old decides to continue playing for one more season.
• Thursday’s Transfer Gossip: Jorginho, Dia, Bellingham, Gundogan, Kvaratskhelia, Dalot, Choupo-Moting, Martinelli
- Flamengo president Rodolfo Landim has said rumours linking Manchester United and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo to the Brazilian club are “creative”, adding the 37-year-old would be a lot of money to pay for a substitute.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Atletico Madrid are willing to listen to offers for Portugal forward Joao Felix, 22, who was a summer target for Manchester United.
- Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, 35, will reportedly give up 30 million euros that is owed to him by the Spanish club, after saying he is retiring from football after this Saturday’s La Liga game at the Nou Camp.
- Aston Villa have made Spain defender Pau Torres, 25, a top target after appointing Unai Emery, his former manager at Villarreal.
- Leicester City have been scouting Lorient’s French midfielder Enzo le Fee, 22, as a possible replacement for Belgium’s Youri Tielemans, 25, who was linked with a summer move to Arsenal.
- Tottenham have reached an agreement to sign Atalanta’s Ukraine midfielder Ruslan Malinovskyi, 29, in January.
- West Ham United have joined Southampton, Leicester City and Brentford in tracking Brazil winger Tete, 22, who is on loan at Lyon from Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Liverpool are preparing to open talks on a new contract with Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, 31.
- Netherlands winger Anwar el Ghazi, 27, says he misses playing in England after leaving Aston Villa for PSV Eindhoven in the summer.