FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United have joined the race to sign RB Leipzig‘s Croatia star Josko Gvardiol but will face huge competition for the 20-year-old’s signature.
- Juventus could look to sign Chelsea and England midfielder Mason Mount, 23, and let 27-year-old France international Adrien Rabiot, 28-year-old Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes and American Weston McKennie, 24, leave to raise funds for the move.
- Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says the club will exercise an option to extend the deals of Rashford and 23-year-old Portugal right-back Diogo Dalot until 2024 as they discuss contract extensions with the pair.
- Liverpool’s injury-ravaged squad could get a boost with summer signing Arthur Melo reported to be two weeks ahead of schedule in his recovery from thigh surgery.
- David de Gea has warned Real Madrid to remove Manchester United youngster Alejandro Garnacho from their transfer plans as “we won’t let him leave”.
- Newcastle will allow 29-year-old English centre-back Jamaal Lascelles and Northern Ireland left-back Jamal Lewis, 24, as well as Scottish wingers winger Matt Ritchie, 33, and Ryan Fraser, 28, to leave in January if the receive suitable offers.
- Mali midfielder Boubacar Traore, 21, is expected to meet the clauses in his loan move to Wolves from Metz to turn it into a permanent £9.5m switch during the second half of the season.
- Paris St-Germain are willing to make England striker Marcus Rashford one of the football’s best-paid players as they put together a package to try to sign the 25-year-old, whose contract with Manchester United runs out in the summer.
- The Brazilian Football Federation plans to contact Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to find out if he would be interested in becoming the national team’s manager at the end of the season.
• Sunday’s Transger Gossip: Min-jae, Ronaldo, Rigg, Kante, Guerreiro, Ziyech, De Vrij, Berge, Smalling
- Rangers flop Carlos Pena is set to retire from professional football after being released from his latest club in Honduras – CD Vida – after only five appearances.
- Portugal striker Joao Felix‘s agent, who has already held initial talks with Chelsea and Manchester United, hopes to speak to Aston Villa and Newcastle United about their level of interest in the 23-year-old Atletico Madrid forward.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Benfica president Rui Costa says the club will not allow any of their key players, including 21-year-old Portugal striker Goncalo Ramos, to leave the club unless their buyout clauses are met. Ramos has been linked with Manchester United.
- Newcastle are hoping to sign United States forward Christian Pulisic, with Arsenal and Manchester United also monitoring the 24-year-old’s situation at Chelsea.
- Kyle Walker could be the first member of England’s World Cup squad to confirm his retirement from the international game.
- Salomon Rondon‘s future at Everton is in some doubt and the striker could be forced to train with the club’s youngsters as Frank Lampard plans ahead without him.