FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Fiorentina and Morocco midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, 26, would prefer to join Liverpool despite interest from Premier League rivals Tottenham.
- Manchester United will consider a move for Ajax midfielder Mohammed Kudus in January even though they remain interested in adding Jude Bellingham to an already crowded engine-room roster next summer.
- PSV Eindhoven manager Ruud van Nistelrooy has admitted he may be powerless to prevent 23-year-old Netherlands winger Cody Gakpo from leaving the club soon.
- Chelsea have made an offer to acquire a £50m portion of land next to Stamford Bridge as the club’s owner Todd Boehly continues his push to upgrade the club’s home stadium.
- Former Arsenal defender Nigel Winterburn says a move for Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, would be a “complete disaster” for the Gunners.
- Manchester United co-owner Avram Glazer has held talks with potential investors during his trip to Doha for the World Cup, including from Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
• Sunday’s Transfer Gossip: Thuram, Hall, Southgate, Mourinho, Bellingham, De Jong, Nkunku, Moukoko, Gvardiol
- Barcelona and Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25, has reportedly told Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag he would be happy to join him at Old Trafford.
- Chelsea and Liverpool are interested in signing 21-year-old Brighton and Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Barcelona are interested in signing Germany striker Youssoufa Moukoko, 18, from Borussia Dortmund but are refusing to pay a fee for a player available on a free transfer in June.
- Manchester United are reportedly looking to sign Borussia Monchengladbach and France forward Marcus Thuram, 25, during the January transfer window.
- Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone is on the hunt for defensive reinforcements in January and is considering a move for Leicester City and Turkey centre-back Caglar Soyuncu, 26.
- Celtic’s interest in Tunisia midfielder Aissa Laidouni could bear fruit in January after Ferencvaros president Gabor Kubatov admitted the Hungarian club might be ready to cash in on him after a series of fine displays at the World Cup.
- Gareth Southgate changed his mind about staying on as England manager for Euro 2024 after being overwhelmed by the support of his staff, players and the Football Association.
- West Ham United are interested in signing Manchester United‘s English right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, 24, on loan in the January transfer window.
- Chelsea are hoping to beat both Real Madrid and Manchester City to the signing of RB Leipzig and Croatia defender Josko Gvardiol, 20, by making a £45m move in January.