FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Arsenal eye on Real Madrid midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni to improve their squad in the summer, with Liverpool also said to be interested in the 23-year-old Frenchman.
- Erik ten Hag will decide on the futures of Manchester United duo Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof in the summer, with Scotland midfielder McTominay, 26, attracting interest from Newcastle and Sweden defender Lindelof, 28, drawing interest from Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid in January.
- Barcelona manager Xavi has urged Lionel Messi to “come home” after vice-president Rafa Yuste confirmed the club were in contact over a potentially stunning return this summer.
- Mikel Arteta has said he believes William Saliba will be back before the end of the season – but did not guarantee his return.
Read Also: Friday’s Transfer Gossip: Mount, Colwill, Ferguson, De Jong, Messi, Kane, Kudus, Ramos
- Chelsea are set to make a bid for Barcelona and Spain left-back Alejandro Balde, 19, to replace their England defender Ben Chilwell, 26.
- England defender Luke Shaw, 27, has agreed a new four-year contract with Manchester United.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Chelsea’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 33, wants to return to Barcelona but the Blues do not want to sell the Gabon striker.
- Paris St-Germain have told Lionel Messi they will pay whatever it takes to keep hold of the Argentine forward, 35, amid reports Barcelona have made contact about a potential return.
- Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City players not to take success for granted and warned them Liverpool’s demise could just as easily happen to them.
- Aberdeen defender Hayden Coulson is set to miss Saturday’s trip to St Johnstone after being involved in a horror car smash.
- Bayern Munich are interested in signing Chelsea forward Kai Havertz, 23, with the German international previously expressing interest in being reunited with his former manager Thomas Tuchel.