FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez has asked the club to extend the contract of 34-year-old Spain midfielder Sergio Busquets for one more season.
- Manchester United are considering a move for Bayer Leverkusen‘s 23-year-old France striker Moussa Diaby.
- Chelsea and Real Madrid remain in the race for Palmeiras’ 16-year-old Brazilian striker Endrick despite Paris St-Germain making a bid.
- The Premier League will not follow Fifa’s ultra-strict approach to stoppage time, which has meant some matches last more than 100 minutes, when the league resumes after the World Cup.
- England midfielder Mason Mount, 23, rejected a new Chelsea contract worth more than £200,000 a week before the World Cup gland.
- Real Betis are considering a move for 26-year-old Spain winger Adama Traore, whose contract at Wolves expires at the end of the season.
- Napoli are interested in signing Wolves’ Traore on a free transfer next summer.
- Former Arsenal and Manchester City defender Kolo Toure, 41, has agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal to become manager of Championship side Wigan.
- Manchester United have held talks about re-signing 28-year-old Netherlands forward Memphis Depay from Barcelona, who may cancel his contract to get him off their books.
- Portugal forward Joao Felix, 23, wants to leave Atletico Madrid and has asked his agent to find him a new club.
- John Terry is backing Harry Kane to eventually swap Tottenham for Real Madrid to win some trophies, although he admitted he would take “any chance to have a pop” at his former rivals.
- Nigeria midfielder Alex Iwobi, 26, is set to sign a new three-and-a-half-year deal at Everton worth £100,000 per week.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Everton would be willing to allow Colombia centre-back Yerry Mina, 28, and Mali midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, 29, in January.
- Bologna chief executive Claudio Fenucci insists Austria forward Marko Arnautovic, who was linked with a move to Manchester United last summer, is not for sale.
- West Ham are willing to sell 30-year-old Czech Republic full-back Vladimir Coufal in January and will accept offers of £6m.
- Amancio Ortega, the owner of the Inditex empire that owns the fashion chain Zara, has no interest in buying Manchester United despite reports suggesting the 86-year-old was ready to make a bid.
- Paris Saint-Germain have made a £34.3m bid to take ownership of their Parc des Princes home but the city’s urban department are understood to value the site at £300m which could mean owners Qatar Sports Investments seeking a new stadium site.
- Sampdoria could cancel Harry Winks‘ season-long loan from Tottenham early. The 26-year-old England midfielder has not played because of an ankle injury.