FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United target Jurrien Timber has revealed he agreed an arrangement with Ajax last summer to allow him to leave if he stayed on for another season.
- Aston Villa are leading the chase, which involves a number of their Premier League rivals, to sign in-demand Feyenoord captain Orkun Kokcu.
- Nottingham Forest‘s on-loan goalkeeper Dean Henderson, 26, wants to move away from parent club Manchester United permanently this summer with the England shot-stopper keen to play regularly.
- Liverpool have opened talks with Sporting Lisbon over a move for £53m-rated Uruguay midfielder Manuel Ugarte, 22, with Leeds, Tottenham and Aston Villa also interested.
- Harry Maguire, fears he will have to leave Manchester United this summer with the defender concerned about losing his England place before Euro 2024.
- Bayern Munich are interested in Aston Villa‘s England striker Ollie Watkins, 27, as an alternative to Tottenham and England forward Harry Kane, 29.
- Former Tottenham striker Vincent Janssen has admitted he “struggled to cope” around Harry Kane during his disappointing spell in the Premier League.
- Kyle Walker is planning to see out the final year of his contract with Manchester City despite interest from Aston Villa and AC Milan.
- Manchester United plan to trigger the clause in Victor Lindelof‘s contract to extend it to the end of the 2024-25 season.
- Newcastle and Manchester City have pulled out of the race to sign Chelsea’s Mason Mount, with the 24-year-old England midfielder expected to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.
- Manchester United, Newcastle United and Liverpool are all interested in a £26.5m move for Nice defender Jean-Clair Todibo, 23, this summer.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Arsenal are interested in Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi, 22, as they seek improved cover for William Saliba.
- Tottenham and AC Milan are vying for the signature of Newcastle winger Allan Saint-Maximin but the Magpies want a fee of £50m for the 26-year-old.
- Arsenal will listen to offers for midfielder Granit Xhaka, 30, defender Kieran Tierney, 25, and 21-year-old striker Folarin Balogun to fund a transfer war chest for their return to the Champions League.
- Chelsea co-owner Behdad Eghbali appeared to confirm the club’s move for Mauricio Pochettino as their next manager in a chat with a supporter that has gone viral on social media.
- Erik ten Hag has demanded a new No 9 from Manchester United‘s bosses this summer with England captain Harry Kane remaining their chief target.