FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Thiago Silva is disappointed to see Jorginho leave Chelsea for Arsenal, admitting the club has “lost one of our great leaders”.
- Rangers boss Michael Beale is tipping Hearts counterpart Robbie Neilson to eventually take over from Steve Clarke as Scotland manager.
- Chelsea and England left-back Ben Chilwell, 26, is among Manchester City‘s targets for the summer if Portugal defender Joao Cancelo, 28, does not return from his loan spell at Bayern Munich.
- Leeds United declined the opportunity to sign English defender Axel Tuanzebe, 25, on loan from Manchester United before the January window closed.
Read Also: Real Betis vs Barcelona 1-2 Highlights (Download Video
• Montpellier vs PSG 1-3 Highlights (Download Video)
• Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest 2-0 Highlights (Download Video)
• Wednesday’s Transfer Gossip: Leao, Sancho, Vlahovic, Zaniolo Maddison, Maguire, Cancelo, Barella, Skriniar
- Tottenham’s £42.5m shirt-sleeve sponsorship deal with the South African government has received criticism in the country, which is considering a state of disaster because of record power cuts.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Everton are looking to sign Ghana forward Andre Ayew, who is expected to arrive in the United Kingdom for talks, on a free transfer. Nottingham Forest could also be tempted into a move for the 33-year-old.
- Chelsea’s owners will not demand immediate results from manager Graham Potter following the club’s January spending spree.
- Chelsea’s Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech, 29, sent desperate text messages to club owner Todd Boehly as he tried to complete his proposed loan move to Paris St-Germain.
- Liverpool’s forward Roberto Firmino, agent, believes discussions over a new contract at the club will conclude this month.
- Chelsea will be in danger of breaching UEFA’s financial fair play rules if they fail to qualify for the Champions League this season.