FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Ajax and Mexico defensive midfielder Edson Alvarez, 25, says he was “disappointed” a move to Chelsea in the summer did not materialise after the Blues made a late bid for him.
- West Ham’s English defender Craig Dawson, who almost joined Wolverhampton Wanderers this summer, wants to leave the Hammers in January. The 32-year-old’s current deal runs out next summer.
- Manchester City are preparing to offer Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva, 28, a new five-year deal on improved terms.
- Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante’s deal with Chelsea runs out next summer and the 31-year-old France international is a leading target for Barcelona as the Nou Camp club look to replace Spain international Sergio Busquets, 34.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Former Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel says he has not made a decision yet about when he will return to management as he takes a break from the game.
Read Also: Liverpool 1-2 Leeds Highlights (Download Video)
• Napoli 4-0 Sassuolo Highlights (Video)
• Brighton 4-1 Chelsea highlights (Download Video)
• Saturday’s Transfer Gossip: Gakpo, di Maria, Lewandowski, Kane, Conte, De Gea, Gakpo, Van de Beek, Melo
- Barcelona are hoping to sell Dutch forward Memphis Depay in January, with Italian club Juventus interested in the 28-year-old.
- Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, 25, is not happy with his lack of first-team football at Barcelona and wants to return to Serie A in Italy, where he played for AC Milan.
- Brighton are prepared to sell Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo but want £85m for the 20-year-old, who has been linked with Chelsea and Newcastle United.
- Brighton and Everton are interested in Monaco’s 25-year-old Brazilian left-back Caio Henrique.
- Sporting Lisbon are ready to propose a deal to Manchester United to sign Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, for a second time.
- Barcelona president Joan Laporta wants to bring Paris St-Germain forward Lionel Messi back to the Spanish club in January but any move for the 35-year-old Argentine international has a number of obstacles ahead.