The Top5 Most Expensive Jerseys In Football History
1. Diego Maradona’s 1986 World Cup quarter-final jersey:
This shirt sold for £7.1 million. This was the number 10 jersey worn by the Argentine
footballer when he scored the legendary hand of God goal in Argentina’s 2-1 quarter-final victory against England in 1986.
2. Pele 1970 World Cup Last Jersey:
This was the Brazilian striker’s final World Cup appearance. The jersey he wore that day was sold for £157,750.
Read Also: Tuesday’s Transfer Gossip: Richarlison, Evanilson, Broja, Raphinha, Eriksen, De Jong, Hojberg
3. Geoff Hurst 1966 World Cup final jersey:
George Hurst is the only player to have scored a hat-trick in a World Cup final, helping England defeat West Germany in 1966.
The jersey the former England striker wore in the 1996 World Cup final was sold for £91,750.
4. Boycho Velichkov’s jersey from a friendly match against England in 1986:
this shirt was sold for £1,240.
5. Tout Joueur jersey from a friendly match versus Scotland in 1990:
this shirt sold for £1,190.