FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Chelsea are planning a fresh move for Enzo Fernandez after previously failing to agree a deal for the Benfica midfielder.
- Newcastle have reportedly held talks with Manchester United over a shock January move for Scott McTominay.
- Manchester United had conversations with Atletico Madrid and France forward Antoine Griezmann, 31, last summer before he secured a permanent move back to Diego Simeone‘s side.
- Brighton are stepping up their interest in £20m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine centre-back Mykola Matviyenko, 26.
- Chelsea are planning to return with an improved bid for Brighton and Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo, 21, with the Seagulls looking for potential replacements.
- Gareth Bale has confirmed he will be involved in a PGA Tour competition just two weeks after retiring from football.
- Marseille defender Sead Kolasinac‘s house was burgled on Friday while he played in a French Cup tie, according to a report.
• Monday’s Transfer Gossip: Smalling, Billing, Kane, Gil, Rice, Lampard, Conte, Zaniolo, Ziyech, Navas
- Uefa are set to close a loophole in the financial fair play rules which has been used by Chelsea to sign players on long-term contracts, including the arrival of 22-year-old Ukraine forward Mykhailo Mudryk on an eight-and-a-half-year deal.
- Barcelona and Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, 26, has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge but is set to finish the season in Spain.
- Chelsea may target 19-year-old Lyon and France U21s right-back Malo Gusto as their spending under Todd Boehly nears £500m.
- Newcastle United could target Everton and England U21s winger Anthony Gordon, 21, as a replacement for Chris Wood, who joined Nottingham Forest last week.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Abdoulaye Doucoure was banned from training with Everton’s first team last week following the fallout of the Goodison Park defeat to Southampton.
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard, 42, is set to miss out on the Poland job, with ex-Portugal manager Fernando Santos, 68, close to being appointed.
- Lazio boss Maurizio Sarri, 64, is being looked at by Tottenham and West Ham if they decide to part ways with Antonio Conte or David Moyes.
- Crystal Palace part-owners David Blitzer and Joshua Harris are exploring selling their stakes and investing in Manchester United – a move that would allow the Glazer family to stay in control of the Old Trafford club.
- Chelsea are set to offer Thiago Silva a contract extension to extend his impressive stay at Stamford Bridge.