FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Shakhtar Donetsk have warned suitors for young superstar Mykhaylo Mudryk that they value the winger at €100m (£87.75m) following his exploits in the Champions League this season.
- Gerard Pique has been handed a four-match ban for his foul-mouthed rant towards a referee in his final game for Barcelona.
- Arsenal midfielder Charlie Patino, 19, whose contract runs out next summer and is currently on loan at Blackpool, is being tracked by Barcelona.
- Contract negotiations between England midfielder Mason Mount, 23, and the Chelsea owners are ongoing and a breakthrough has been made “in the past few weeks”.
- Rangers have reportedly reignited their interest in Standard Liege midfielder Nicolas Raskin as they look to kickstart their title bid following the World Cup break.
- Former Argentina defender Martín Demichelis, 41, who spent three years at Manchester City, has left a coaching role at Bayern Munich to become new head coach at River Plate.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Barcelona president Joan Laporta says his club were interested in signing Colombian forward Luis Diaz, 25, before he joined Liverpool from Porto.
- France midfielder Adrien Rabiot, 27, says he feels “lucky” not to have completed a transfer from Juventus to Manchester United in the summer.
- Erik ten Hag has made it clear that there is no way back for Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United following explosive comments directed at the Dutchman during an interview with Piers Morgan.
- A mural of Ronaldo was removed from the side of Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium hours before his interview with Piers Morgan was aired on Wednesday.
- Sporting Lisbon chief Frederico Varandas has denied reports linking the Portuguese club with a move for Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, saying a bid for the Manchester United and Portugal forward was never discussed.
- Eden Hazard has apologised to Real Madrid fans for his injury-stricken time at the club.