FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Chelsea and Liverpool are set to miss out on January transfer target Konrad Laimer as the RB Leipzig and Austria midfielder, 25, wants to join Bayern Munich when his contract expires in the summer.
- Al-Nassr are set to make an offer to Cristiano Ronaldo which would be close to the £305m contract put on the table by an unnamed Saudi club last summer.
- Arsenal and Chelsea are interested in France midfielder Adrien Rabiot and Tottenham could also join the race to sign the 27-year-old, whose contract with Juventus runs out in the summer.
- Inter Milan and Juventus are interested in signing Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic after the World Cup.
- Barcelona have told coach Xavi they can only make new signings in January if players leave first.
- Atletico Madrid want to sign Borussia Monchengladbach and France striker Marcus Thuram, 25.
- A full takeover of Everton by US investors is edging closer after new developments behind the scenes.
- Manchester United will launch a January bid to bring Barcelona’s 28-year-old Netherlands forward Memphis Depay back to Old Trafford, where he left in 2017.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Newcastle United have no interest in signing Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, after his departure from Manchester United.
- Manchester United are discussing whether to replace Ronaldo permanently in January or hold off until the summer and bring in a short-term loan signing, like they did with Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo in 2020.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe will bid for Manchester United. The British billionaire previously said he would be interested in buying the club, but then said in October the Glazer family had told him they did not want to sell.
- Former Manchester United winger David Beckham is open to holding talks with potential bidders for the club.
- Paris Saint-Germain‘s Qatari owners are looking at a potential move across the city by buying the Stade de France, which holds 80,000 compared to the 48,000 they can accommodate at Parc des Princes.
- AC Milan want to sign three Chelsea players – Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech and Ruben Loftus-Cheek – but fear their relationship with the Blues could be soured as they have so far refused to play Tiemoue Bakayoko this season because of their obligation to buy if he plays a certain amount of games.
- Manchester United want Bayer Leverkusen and France attacker Moussa Diaby, 23, to take Anthony Martial‘s place in the squad.
- Leeds United have been in contact with AC Milan asking to be kept informed over the status of Belgium striker Charles de Ketelaere, 21.
- West Ham expect to lose England midfielder Declan Rice, 23, to a Champions League club next year, regardless of what the Hammers achieve this season.