FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United are in contact with the agents of PSV Eindhoven and the Netherlands forward Cody Gakpo over a move for the 23-year-old in January.
- Cristiano Ronaldo missed Portugal training on Wednesday ahead of their final group game amid speculation over a record-breaking move to Saudi Arabia.
- Manchester United could well have new owners by the end of the season, according to reports.
- Brighton and Scotland midfielder Billy Gilmour, 21, could move to Villarreal on a loan deal in January.
- Spain midfielder Sergio Busquets, 34, is interested in joining MLS side Inter Miami when his Barcelona contract expires in June.
- Bayern Munich are “working on” landing Tottenham striker Harry Kane in a blockbuster £90m transfer.
- England are using a special net for penalty practice every day ahead of the World Cup knockout stages.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Barca’s sporting director of football Jordi Cruyff says the Spanish giants have been tracking 22-year-old Ghana and Ajax midfielder Mohammed Kudus.
- Chelsea are reportedly in ‘advanced talks’ to sign 18-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Andrey Santos from Vasco da Gama, who could be set to become the second acquisition of the Graham Potter era at Stamford Bridge.
- Liverpool have identified Former Arsenal head of recruitment Sven Mislintat, who worked with Jurgen Klopp at Borussia Dortmund, as a candidate to replace Julian Ward as sporting director at Anfield.
- Argentina star Lionel Messi has received a grovelling apology from boxer Canelo Alvarez following a bizarre social media outburst.
- Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign 15-year-old Scottish defender Jack Wylie from Rangers.
- Los Angeles FC forward Gareth Bale, 33, will make a decision on his club future by February after telling Wales he is ready to continue playing with them.
- Belgium boss Roberto Martinez has hit back at suggestions of a rift in the team’s camp at the World Cup and appeared to accuse the French media of trying to derail his side’s campaign.
- The agent of Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, who moved from AC Milan to Barcelona in July, has ruled out a potential return to Italy amid reports of Inter Milan making a bid for the 25-year-old.
- Liverpool are reportedly targeting a move for Sofyan Amrabat, who has been impressing at the World Cup for Morocco.