Tuesday Transfer Rumours, As Chelsea Set To Offer Mount New Contract &Other Stories.

Tuesday Transfer Rumours, As Chelsea Set To Offer Mount New Contract &Other Stories.

  • Chelsea are preparing to offer 22-year-old England midfielder Mason Mount a new contract, which could see his wages increase to around £150,000-a-week. (90min)

 

  • Bernd Leno could be a high-profile departure from Arsenal next summer with Aaron Ramsdale earning praise for his performance in a shock start against Norwich. (Daily Mail)

 

  • Manchester United’s former England Under-21 defender Axel Tuanzebe, 23, wants to make his loan spell at Aston Villa a permanent move. (Sun)

 

  • Bayern Munich are working on signing Germany striker Timo Werner, 25, from Chelsea in January. (Football Insider)

 

  • Cesar Azpilicueta has no concerns about his future at Chelsea despite his contract having entered its final year. (Daily Mail)

 

  • France midfielder Paul Pogba, 28, who has been heavily linked Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid, is leaning towards extending his stay at Manchester United after Cristiano Ronaldo’s return to Old Trafford. (Athletic, subscription required)

 

  • Leicester City have taken an interest in Manchester United 28-year-old England midfielder Jesse Lingard. (Fichajes – in Spanish)

 

  • Cristiano Ronaldo has had to settle for third place, behind Lionel Messi and Robert Lewandowski, after player ratings for FIFA 22 were unveiled. (Daily Mail)

 

  • Newcastle might be without striker Callum Wilson until the end of October with the quad injury he suffered against Southampton last month. (Daily Mail)

 

  • Chelsea could make move for two Inter Milan defenders, with 22-year-old Italian Alessandro Bastoni and 26-year-old Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar linked with the European Champions. (Mediaset – in Italian)

 

  • Mauricio Pochettino says he did not think it would be possible to sign Lionel Messi this summer but is expecting the Argentine to produce his best form after settling quickly at Paris Saint-Germain. (Daily mail)

 

  • Harvey Elliott has absolved Pascal Struijk of any blame for the challenge that left him with a dislocated ankle, describing it as a “freak accident” that did not warrant a red card.(The Time)

 

  • Tottenham have ‘put an offer on the table’ for AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie, 24, although it is not clear whether Spurs will make a move in January or wait to sign the Ivorian on a free transfer next summer. (Calciomercato, in Italian)

 

  • Spurs’ hopes, however, have taken a blow as the Italian club are confident Kessie will remain at the San Siro beyond this season. (Tutto Mercato, via football.london)

 

  • It would take a bid of 100m euros or more for Borussia Dortmund to let 18-year-old midfielder Jude Bellingham go, with both Manchester City and Liverpool said to be interested in the England international. (Bild – in German)

 

Read Also: Former Chelsea And Senegal Striker Demba Ba Retires From Football

 

• FIFA 22 ratings: Messi Ranks Above Ronaldo As Best Player

 

• ‘Departure Of Messi Was A Shock’ But, Busquets Believes Barcelona Can Win Champions League Without Him

 

  • WestHam, like Dortmund, have also put a price on their star player. The Hammers are demanding nothing less than £100m for England midfielder Declan Rice, 22. (football.london)

 

  • Former Bayern Munich Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says no club in the Bundesliga will be able to afford Borussia Dortmund and Norway striker Erling Haaland because of the high salary the 21-year-old could command. (AS, in Spanish) 

 

  • Liverpool have reportedly shown an interest in Nice striker Amine Gouiri, with manager Jurgen Klopp keen on signing the French 21-year-old. (Fichajes, in Spanish) 

 

  • Arsenal are one of a number of Premier League clubs who have Sweden striker Alexander Isak, 21, as a transfer target, despite Real Sociedad player recently agreeing a new five-year deal with the Spanish side. (Fichajes via FourFourTwo)

 

  • Manchester United made enquiries about Barcelona and Spain winger Ansu Fati, 18, through Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes. (Mundo Deportivo, in Spanish) 

 

  • Tottenham willing to selling England midfielder Harry Winks this summer but only if clubs paid £40m for the 25-year-old. (Times, subscription required) 

 

  • Gareth Bale is set for a “long” spell out after suffering a hamstring injury during training with Real Madrid. (The sun)

 

  • Feyenoord coach Arne Slot says Arsenal loanee Reiss Nelson, who is now out injured, has struggled to adapt to the Dutch club’s training intensity. (Daily express)

 

  • Liverpool could use their upcoming Champions League clash with AC Milan to get an up close and personal look at midfield target, Franck Kessie. (Daily express)

 

  • Jack Hendry has urged young Scottish players not to be scared of moving outside the country to find a club as he prepares to face PSG in the Champions League with Club Brugge on Wednesday.( Daily Record)

 

  • Manchester City have removed all mentions of Benjamin Mendy from their club shop website after his rape charge. (The daily telegraph)

 

  • English clubs will no longer be forced to play Champions League and other European matches in a neutral country if their opponents’ homelands are on the UK’s coronavirus red list. (The daily telegraph)

 

  • Chelsea may travel to South Africa after the country threw its hat in the ring to host the Club World Cup following Japan’s withdrawal due to the pandemic. (The Independent)

 

  • UEFA has banned Ajax from using a kit inspired by reggae legend Bob Marley in the Champions League. (Daily mirror)

 

  • Houssem Aouar would only leave Lyon next summer if his hometown club again fails to qualify for the Champions League. (Daily Star)

  • Lyon ace Xherdan Shaqiri has warned his teammates they’d be fools to disregard Rangers by expecting their toughest challenge to come from the Ibrox stands. (Daily Record)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.