FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Chelsea have blown Manchester United and Arsenal out of the water by meeting Atletico Madrid’s demands to sign Joao Felix on loan this month.
- Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Borussia Monchengladbach‘s 25-year-old France forward Marcus Thuram, whose contract runs out in the summer, and the Blues are also considering a move for PSV Eindhoven and England Under-21s forward Noni Madueke, 20.
- Nottingham Forest have launched £18m move for Palmeiras midfielder Danilo.
- Arsenal have appointed former England Futsal player Hussein Isa, nicknamed ‘Tekkers Guru’, as a technical coach. The 34-year-old Spaniard, who has worked on TV adverts as a Lionel Messi body double, will start his role before the 2023-24 season.
- Manchester United are still confident of landing Dutch forward Wout Weghorst on loan despite Turkish club Besiktas insisting no deal is in place.
- Benfica boss Roger Schmidt says Chelsea’s pursuit of Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez, who has a release clause of about £106m, is “closed”.
- Leeds United will allow English forward Joe Gelhardt to go out on loan in January as the 20-year-old has been told he does not figure in manager Jesse March‘s plans for the rest of the season.
- Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr want to sign 34-year-old Spain midfielder Sergio Busquets, whose contract with Barcelona will run out in the summer.
- Jordan Pickford has told Everton he wants to stay but the club are not prepared to meet the wage increase he is asking for.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- West Ham have made a renewed approach to sign the Sevilla striker Youssef En-Nesyri with the hope of signing him on loan for the rest of the season.
- Brighton have rejected a verbal offer from Tottenham for Belgium forward Leandro Trossard and the Seagulls have no intention of selling the 28-year-old in January.
- Roberto Martínez, the new Portugal head coach, will talk to Cristiano Ronaldo in the coming days to ascertain whether the country’s all-time leading goalscorer wants to continue playing international football.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and his family are staying in a hotel in one of Saudi Arabia’s tallest buildings, at a monthly cost in excess of £250,000 a month.