FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United will consider tearing up Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract in the January transfer window – as long as he does not demand a pay-off for the remainder of his deal.
- Chelsea are confident they have managed to come to a deal with RB Leipzig forward Christopher Nkunku and that the 25-year-old Frenchman will join in January or the summer.
- Liverpool are interested in Las Palmas midfielder Alberto Moleiro, with the Spanish 19-year-old also said to be a target for Barcelona and Manchester City.
- The Rangers board are still to discuss Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s future as the under-fire boss flies back to the Netherlands.
- Ronaldo could go to Chelsea after the forward was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in the summer but it was reportedly blocked by then-manager Thomas Tuchel.
- Tottenham sent scouts to watch France’s 25-year-old forward Marcus Thuram, from Borussia Monchengladbach, and Cameroon striker Youssoufa Moukoko, 19, of Borussia Dortmund, at Friday’s Bundesliga match between the two sides.
- Liverpool and Arsenal are interested in Borussia Monchengladbach’s Thuram – the Frenchman is out of contract at the end of the season and has been heavily linked with Bayern Munich.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has held talks with Bayern Munich as he plots an escape from Manchester United in the January transfer window.
- England boss Gareth Southgate led an emotionally-charged night at St George’s Park on Monday, imploring his players to create history as they prepare to depart for Qatar this morning.
- Manchester City are planning talks with Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva’s agent during the World Cup to determine a plan for his future. The Premier League champions are aware the 28-year-old wants to join Barcelona and will not stand in his way if the right offer arrives.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Leeds United’s English right-back Cody Drameh, 20, is attracting interest from Newcastle United, as well as Lille, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen.
- Mudryk said in an interview with Vlada Sedan, Arsenal defender Oleksandr Zinchenko’s wife, on her YouTube channel that he would “rather be a starter at Arsenal than sit on Real Madrid’s bench”. But the Ukraine winger, 21, wants to speak with Gunners manager Mikel Arteta before deciding on his future.
- Roma could listen to offers for 25-year-old England striker Tammy Abraham.
- Thomas Tuchel must leave the UK in December, due to post-Brexit laws, following his sacking from Chelsea, but two of his coaches, Zsolt Low and Benjamin Webber, who have been placed on gardening leave, can remain because they are still technically under contract.
- Scotland are on a high-security alert for their Turkey friendly after a deadly explosion in Istanbul.