FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Fans are claiming Jude Bellingham is going to cost £200m after the 2022 World Cup after becoming England’s second youngest goalscorer.
- Spain midfielder Marco Asensio‘s contract with Real Madrid ends in the summer and the 26-year-old says he hopes he can agree an new deal with the Bernabeu outfit, with a decision on his future set to be made after the World Cup.
- Bayern Munich have been asked by a number of clubs, including Arsenal, about Germany winger Leroy Sane‘s situation but the Bundesliga champions are not looking to sell the 26-year-old.
- Jack Grealish kept his promise by dedicating his goal in England’s 6-2 World Cup thrashing of Iran to a disabled schoolboy.
- Liverpool’s Darwin Nunez limped out of training just days before Uruguay’s World Cup opener with an ankle issue but was able to return after spending time with the medical team.
- Liverpool will be monitoring Declan Rice‘s performances for England at the World Cup before a possible summer bid for the 23-year-old West Ham midfielder.
- Real Madrid have no plans to re-sign 37-year-old Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United in January.
- Bournemouth are set to appoint caretaker boss Gary O’Neil as permanent manager after talks with former Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa collapsed.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- O’Neil wants to make former Blackpool boss Neil Critchley his assistant if he gets the permanent Bournemouth job.
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is close to agreeing a new contract through to the summer of 2025.
- Manchester United believe Alejandro Garnacho will sign a new deal at Old Trafford in the not-too-distant future after stepping up talks with his representatives.
- Chelsea and Arsenal are tracking Porto’s Brazilian winger Pepe but may have to pay his £65m release clause.
- Former Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has agreed to succeed Didier Deschamps as France manager after the World Cup.
- Former Burnley manager Sean Dyche is interested in speaking to Rangers about their vacant managerial post after they sacked Giovanni van Bronckhorst.
- Paris St-Germain have sent scouts to watch Arsenal forward Gabriel Martinelli, 21, play for Brazil at the World Cup.
- Christopher Nkunku will join Chelsea in the summer transfer window despite RB Leipzig confirming the forward faces an unspecified spell on the sidelines with a torn knee ligament injury, reports French publication Le10Sport.
- Everton’s England international Jordan Pickford, 28, and Spain duo David Raya of Brentford and 25-year-old Robert Sanchez of Brighton are interesting Tottenham as they seek a long-term replacement for France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 35.
- Newcastle United will target Juventus’ Serbia striker Dusan Vlahovic, 22, if they secure qualification for the Champions League next season.