FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Eden Hazard’s time at Real Madrid looks to be coming to an end after both parties agreed that the conclusion to a sorry three years was nigh, according to reports in Spain.
- Chelsea’s hopes of signing AC Milan and Portugal forward Rafael Leao, 23, have been boosted because of ongoing complications in the player’s contract extension negotiations.
- Juventus want to extend the deal of France midfielder Adrien Rabiot but fear the 27-year-old may get better offers from Premier League clubs.
- FSG will make a significant profit on their investment, but Liverpool’s valuation is less than the price Roman Abramovich sold Chelsea for earlier this year.
- More than half the Premier League had representatives watching Ajax against PSV Eindhoven on Sunday, with PSV’s Netherlands winger Cody Gakpo, 23, among those in action.
- Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group will sign England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, from Borussia Dortmund for £87m as a parting gift before their sale of the club.
- AC Milan have prepared a contract extension for France striker Olivier Giroud, 36, and it is likely to be signed after the 2022 World Cup.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Arsenal and Tottenham are considering a move for Lille’s 22-year-old Canada striker Jonathan David.
- Premier League leaders Arsenal are prepared to spend in the January transfer window to maintain their title challenge.
- Manchester United are among the clubs interested in signing Bellingham, while Chelsea are not one of the sides he wants to join.
- Luton Town boss Nathan Jones is set to become the new manager at Southampton after the Premier League club sacked Ralph Hasenhuttl on Monday.
- Inter Milan chief executive Giuseppe Marotta says the club are planning to meet with the agent of Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar to discuss a contract extension, with the 27-year-old’s current deal running out next summer.
- Southampton are admirers of Brentford boss Thomas Frank and also discussed River Plate manager Marcelo Gallardo.
- Manchester United want to sign Bayern Munich and Cameroon forward Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting in January but the 33-year-old wants to stay at the Bundesliga club.
- Brentford first-team analyst and set-piece specialist Jack Wilson is leaving the Bees to join Premier League champions Manchester City.