- If Kounde does not join, Chelsea will consider Villarreal’s 25-year-old Spain international Pau Torres, Inter Milan’s Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar, 27, and 20-year-old Croatian Josko Gvardiol, who is at RB Leipzig. Bayern Munich’s French duo Dayot Upamecano, 23, and Benjamin Pavard, 26, are also defensive options.
- Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech is also a target for AC Milan and the the 29-year-old Moroccan wants to move to the Serie A side.
- Red Bull Salzburg have responded to Slovenia forward Benjamin Sesko, 19, being linked with Manchester United by saying they want “300 million + Bruno” on social media. Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 27, is one of the Old Trafford club’s key players.
- Inter Milan and former Arsenal and Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez, 33, is considering a move to Marseille.The Chilean is out of contract at the end of the season.
- West Ham have agreed personal terms with Italy striker Gianluca Scamacca and the 23-year-old is set to have a medical on Tuesday prior to completing a move worth £35.5m from Sassuolo.
- AC Milan are considering increasing their offer for Club Bruges‘ attacking midfielder Charles de Ketelaere, who has been linked with Leeds United, in order to get a deal done for the 21-year-old Belgium international.
Read Also: Erling Haaland: Pep Guardiola Is A Bit Crazy
• Monday’s Transfer Gossip: Firmino, Kounde, Paqieta, Messi, de Jong, Milinkovic-Savic, Martial, Ndombele
- West Ham have rejected Fulham’s 17.5m euro (£14.8m) bid for France centre-back Issa Diop, 25.
- Chelsea’s move for Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde is in danger of collapsing, with Barcelona increasingly optimistic they can land the 23-year-old France international.
- Nottingham Forest have agreed a deal in principle to sign 24-year-old Belgium midfielder Orel Mangala from Stuttgart for £12.75m.
- Barcelona boss Xavi has told Netherlands forward Memphis Depay, 28, he should look for another club after they signed Poland’s Robert Lewandowski, 33, and Brazil winger Raphinha, 25.
- Chelsea have offered Germany striker Timo Werner, 26, to RB Leipzig in order to beat Paris St-Germain to the signing of France defender Nordi Mukiele, 24, from the Bundesliga club.
Chelsea are blocking Barcelona from buying Spain defender Marcos Alonso, 31, and Cesar Azpilicueta, 32, from them because of the Spanish side’s move for Kounde.