FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Chelsea are set to open talks over Ronaldo as co-owner Todd Boehly sees the appeal of signing him on a free transfer, although manager Graham Potter is less convinced.
- Arsenal are considering a January move for Palmeiras’ 21-year-old Brazil forward Danilo.
- Bukayo Saka is set to treble his wages and become one of Arsenal’s highest earners.
- A Barcelona adviser has hit back at a suggestion from Manchester United target Frenkie de Jong that the club’s board leaked the contract details for the Netherlands midfielder, 25, last summer.
- Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, is torn between moving to Newcastle United or Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr after leaving Manchester United by mutual consent.
✓: Tuesday’s Transfer Gossip: Bellingham, Asensio, Sane’s Rice, Pickford, Raya, Sanchez, Nkunku, Vlahovic, Ronaldo
- Ronaldo’s goals during his second spell at Manchester United have cost the club £1.2m each.
- AFC Crewe, who play in the 14th tier in the English football pyramid, have offered Ronaldo a club record £35 per week, which would make him the highest paid player at the club.
- Manchester United have saved about £15.5m in wages after coming to a mutual agreement with Ronaldo to end his contract before it runs out in the summer.
- Jude Bellingham has revealed he was so excited after his World Cup debut that he could not sleep.
- Belgium star Jan Vertonghen believes players are scared to speak out about issues surrounding the Qatar World Cup because they are being “controlled”.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Manchester United‘s market valuation rose by 17% after owners the Glazer family said they are considering selling the club.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has agreed a two-year contract extension to 2025.
- Monaco’s France midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni, 22, says Liverpool made the first move for him but he was intent on moving to Real Madrid this summer.
- Netherlands forward Memphis Depay, 28, says he is uncertain of his future at Barcelona, having emerged as a target for former club Manchester United in the summer.
- Manchester United are leading the transfer race for PSV Eindhoven star Cody Gakpo, according to reports.
- Newcastle United are willing to pay Borussia Monchengladbach £10m in January to sign 25-year-old France forward Marcus Thuram, whose contract expires next summer.
- Borussia Dortmund striker Youssoufa Moukoko, 18, is in talks to remain with the club amid interest from Manchester United, Liverpool and Bayern Munich.
- Argentine media have laid into Lionel Messi and head coach Lionel Scaloni after their shock World Cup defeat against Saudi Arabia.