FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois says that if Belgium discover who is ‘leaking’ information about alleged bust-ups within their squad then they will immediately be banished.
- Former England midfielder Joe Cole says the Netherlands and PSV forward Cody Gakpo, 23, will be “on the databases for all the top clubs” after his starring role for his country at the World Cup.
- Bayern Munich CEO Oliver Kahn says his club will not be signing Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, in January following his departure from Manchester United.
- The departure of Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli from the club is being seen as a serious blow to attempts to revive the European Super League.
- Ex-Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder is interested in the vacant Queens Park Rangers job after Michael Beale left the role for Rangers.
- Inter Milan are considering making a bid to sign Barcelona and Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, 25, next summer.
- West Ham have told Irish midfielder Conor Coventry, 22, that he is free to find a new club ahead of the January window.
- Juventus may be forced into a fire sale that would have Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal interested.
- Manchester United and Brazil winger Antony has remarkably claimed that the air conditioning at World Cup stadiums has made him sick.
- Bayern Munich are working to bring Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane, 29, to the club in a deal that could cost between 80m and 100m euros.
- Tottenham have made enquiries to Inter Milan over their 26-year-old Dutch international wing-back Denzel Dumfries.
- Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, 30, and Spain’s Kepa Arrizabalaga, 28, futures at Chelsea are in doubt as the club is considering bringing in a new first-choice goalkeeper next summer.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Christian Pulisic has been taken to hospital with an abdominal injury after hurting himself scoring the winning goal of the game for the United States against Iran.
- Roma are willing to sell 25-year-old England striker Tammy Abraham in the summer.
- Paris St-Germain and Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 35, is expected to stay in European football at least until 2024, despite reports he is close to agreeing a deal to join MLS club Inter Miami next year.