FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United have accelerated their plans to replace Cristiano Ronaldo – with France superstar Kylian Mbappe having emerged as a shock target.
- Manchester United target Benjamin Pavard, 26, has said he would be open to joining AC Milan from Bayern Munich despite the France defender being heavily linked with the Red Devils.
- Manchester City could make a move for Germany midfielder Tony Kroos but Real Madrid are hopeful that the 33-year-old will renew his contract.
- Phil Foden has revealed how he is desperate to fire England to World Cup glory in Qatar – to put his Euros heartbreak behind him.
- Chelsea have received a boost in the race for Palmeiras wonderkid Endrick with the Brazilian club rejecting two offers from Paris Saint-Germain, a report says.
- West Ham have told manager David Moyes that his job is safe for now after his side lost their ninth game of the season on Saturday.
- Brighton are interested in Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine central defender Mykola Matviyenko, 26.
- Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all interested in signing Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar, with Inter Milan hoping the 27-year-old will sign a new deal.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has given Piers Morgan’s son the boots he scored his ‘final Manchester United goals in’ – as more bombshells continue to emerge.
- England stalwart Kieran Trippier insists he has no plans to retire from international duty but concedes this World Cup is likely to be his last.
- Newcastle United’s owners will not gamble to chase a Champions League place this winter, despite recently congratulating manager Eddie Howe for a brilliant start to the season.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Barcelona president Joan Laporta says the Spanish giants will not be able to sign any players in January unless La Liga change.
- Leicester, Everton and Brighton are all interested in signing Lens and France goalkeeper Brice Samba, 28.
- Liverpool’s former England youth international midfielder Fabio Carvalho, 20, has quit Portugal Under-21s by text message.
- David Beckham has made a sensational move to lure Cristiano Ronaldo to Inter Miami.
- Ashley Young insists he will never retire from England duty – even though he thought making the 55-man World Cup squad was a “joke”.
- Liverpool are reportedly already in close contact with Jude Bellingham’s camp and remain ‘very optimistic’ about completing a blockbuster deal for the Borussia Dortmund midfielder in 2023.