FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United are ready to enter the bidding war for Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham with a transfer fee understood to have been set by the German club at a minimum £110m.
- Former Liverpool star Jose Enrique believes the Anfield club already have a deal in place to sign Bayern Munich‘s former Ajax midfielder Ryan Gravenberch in the summer.
- Manchester United, Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford have all shown interest in Spain and Celta Vigo midfielder Gabri Veiga with other Premier League clubs also previously showing interest in the 20-year-old.
- Former Tottenham and England left-back Danny Rose, 32, is training with National League side York City, having been without a club since his Watford contract was mutually terminated in September.
Read Also: SC Freiburg vs Juventus 0-2 Highlights (Download Video)
• Arsenal vs Sporting 1-1 [PEN 3-5] Highlights (Download Video)
• Real Betis vs Manchester United 0-1 Highlights (Download Video)
• Thursday’s Transfer Gossip: Benzema, Kone, Brandt, Messi, Alvarez, Pogba, Gundogan, Loftus-Cheek
- Gareth Southgate is concerned he will have to start selecting England players from the Championship if homegrown numbers in the Premier League continue to drop.
- Newcastle United want to make Leicester midfielder James Maddison a priority this summer with the 26-year-old said to want to play in the Champions League and become a regular in the England squad.
- Arsenal fans fear Folarin Balogun has decided to switch his international allegiance to the United States after being omitted from Gareth Southgate‘s squad despite his red-hot form on loan with Ligue 1 club Reims.
- Brighton winger Solly March, 28, is set to sign a new contract with the Englishman’s current deal due to expire this summer.
- Wolves are set to offer captain and Portugal midfielder Ruben Neves, 26, a new contract.
- Bayer Leverkusen are interested in signing West Ham and Czech Republic right-back Vladimir Coufal, 30.
- Antonio Valencia gave Manchester United a glowing reference on midfield star Moises Caicedo before his bargain £4.5m move to Brighton in 2021, but his former club failed to act on it.
- Aston Villa‘s new inner-city academy is expected to be completed in August, marking another important milestone in the club’s ambitious plans to help attract the best Midlands talent.