FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Liverpool have been urged to sign Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City to help rebuild their midfield after the Reds ended their pursuit of Jude Bellingham.
- Besiktas want to re-sign Dutch striker Wout Weghorst with Manchester United unlikely to turn the 30-year-old’s loan move from Burnley into a permanent switch.
- Chelsea admire Vincent Kompany, who led Burnley back to the Premier League, and Palmeiras’ Portuguese coach Abel Ferreira.
• Sunday’s Transfer Gossip: Colwill, Balogun, Perisic, Ferguson, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Mac Allister, Tchouameni, Gavi, Matip
- Christopher Nkunku set for his move to Chelsea in the summer, the German side RB Leipizg need to replace their forward.
- Arsenal are targeting a move for 23-year-old Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic, with Everton’s England forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 26, a back-up option if they fail to land the Serbian.
- Paris Saint-Germain, who are set to change manager again this summer, are among the big European clubs monitoring Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Chelsea have met with former Bayern Munich manager Julian Nagelsmann as they continue the search for their next permanent boss following the sacking of Graham Potter.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is pushing to keep German midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 32, and Portuguese playmaker Bernardo Silva, 28, at the club despite both players being linked with moves this summer.
- German midfielder Toni Kroos is set to continue at Real Madrid for another season, with the 33-year-old ready to accept a contract extension at the Spanish giants.
- Luis Enrique was prepared to join Chelsea immediately and was left disappointed when Frank Lampard took charge on an interim basis, reports say.
- Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler believes the Reds are right not to spend the majority of their transfer budget on Bellingham this summer as they need a major midfield overhaul.