FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United have been given some hope in their pursuits of Barcelona pair Frenkie de Jong and Ansu Fati with LaLiga demanding that the Catalan giants dramatically reduce their wage bill.
- Liverpool hold interest in Everton defender Jarrad Branthwaite, who is currently on a season-long loan at PSV Eindhoven.
- Tottenham could sign 39-year-old former Manchester United and England keeper Ben Foster as cover for Hugo Lloris, who is out for at least six weeks with a knee injury. Foster announced his retirement last September but could join on a short-term loan.
- Former Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 33, is on the verge of leaving Chelsea for Los Angeles FC.
- Nathan Jones‘ job as Southampton boss is safe for now. The Welshman, 49, was appointed in November but the Saints are bottom of the Premier League, three points from safety.
- Arsenal may have a clear run at Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi this summer thanks to Barcelona turning their transfer focus elsewhere.
- Takeover offers for Manchester United are due to be tabled within the next 10 days, with the Glazer family still open to a potential deal that could be completed by April.
- France striker Olivier Giroud is to discuss a new contract with AC Milan. The former Arsenal and Chelsea forward had been a target for Everton in January.
Read Also: Marseille vs PSG 2-1 Highlights (Download Video )
• Manchester United vs Leeds 2-2 Highlights (Download Video)
• Al Ahly vs Real Madrid 1-4 Highlights (Download Video)
• Wednesday’s Transfer Gossip: Muani, Balogun, Dalot, Messi, Maddison, Kane, Osimhen, Bellingham
- Striker Joao Mendes, the 17-year-old son of Brazil legend Ronaldinho, is set to join Barcelona after successfully passing a trial at the Nou Camp.
- Morocco World Cup star midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, 26, offered to play for free in order to secure a move to Barcelona from Fiorentina.
- Harry Kane will need to continue his quest to become the Premier League’s record goalscorer at Tottenham Hotspur as the club will not sell him to a rival this summer.
- Chelsea are in advanced talks with Thiago Silva over a deal to take the Brazilian defender’s contract beyond his 39th birthday in September.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle are all interested in Ajax’s Mexico midfielder Edson Alvarez, 25.
- Gabriel Jesus has returned to Arsenal’s London Colney training ground to ramp up his rehabilitation from knee surgery.
- Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, has reportedly ruled out moves to Chelsea and Paris St-Germain in the summer. Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Manchester United are all keen on the player.
- Everton will make another attempt to sign Portuguese forward Beto, 25, from Italian side Udinese in the summer after failing to clinch a deal in January.
- Leeds United have been turned down by Rayo Vallecano’s Spanish coach Andoni Iraola, 40, to replace sacked boss Jesse Marsch as the Premier League side face further frustration in their attempts to appoint a new manager.
- Steven Gerrard is reportedly on Leeds’ shortlist to become the new manager after Jesse Marsch was sacked for a miserable run.