FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Victor Osimhen has been advised by Chelsea legend Didier Drogba that a move to Paris Saint-Germain would be the wrong one to make if he wants to keep progressing as a player.
- Chelsea are set to slash 19 players’ wages when they fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League.
- Bayern Munich and Netherlands prospect Ryan Gravenberch, 20, is another player being considered by Liverpool as they look to revamp their ageing midfield.
- Tottenham are interested in a move for 20-year-old Chelsea centre-back Levi Colwill, who has impressed on loan at Brighton this season.
- Manchester United are interested in signing Netherlands and Bayer Leverkusen right-back Jeremie Frimpong, 22, with United prepared to offload Englishman Aaron Wan-Bissaka, 25, and Portugal’s Diogo Dalot, 24.
- Arsenal have been handed a huge boost in their battle for the Premier League title as Oleksandr Zinchenko has returned to training.
- Erling Haaland is ready to discuss a contract extension with Manchester City, who are keen to offer the free-scoring Norwegian striker a new and improved deal after his excellent first season at the club.
- Barcelona would not be able to sign Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 35, from Paris St-Germain in their current financial situation, says La Liga president Javier Tebas.
- Chelsea have decided against pursuing ex-Spain boss Luis Enrique and will instead turn their attention to former Paris St-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino.
- Karim Benzema is set to leave Real Madrid in the summer of 2024 after agreeing a fresh one-year contract extension with the club.
- Tottenham will reportedly demand a fee in the region of £88million for Harry Kane this summer with Paris Saint-Germain now set to rival Manchester United for his signature.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- West Ham have identified Lille’s Paulo Fonseca as a potential replacement for David Moyes, who is likely to part company with the club at the end of the season
- AC Milan‘s Portuguese winger Rafael Leao, 23, has confirmed he wants to stay at the San Siro despite reported interest from Manchester City.
- Liverpool are poised to sign free-agent midfielder Adrien Rabiot, with the 28-year-old France midfielder’s Juventus contract set to expire this summer.
- Liverpool are starting to facilitate refunds from UEFA for tickets bought by their fans for the disastrous 2021-22 Champions League final.