- Brentford striker Toney has been linked with a string of top clubs including Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea and the club Manger conceded he could depart.
- Aston Villa have opened talks with defender Ezri Konsa over a new contract as a reward for his fine form this season.
- Arsenal sent scouts to Reading’s EFL Trophy match against Exeter on Tuesday with the Gunners interested in 18-year-old English forward Caylan Vickers and 18-year-old New Zealand defender Tyler Bindon.
- West Brom have ramped up their search for new ownership to avoid having to go through a fire sale of players in January.
- AC Milan owner Gerry Cardinale met with former striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, over a potential boardroom role for the retired ex-Sweden forward.
- Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale is not looking to leave the club after the England international, 25, was dropped from the the team last week.
- Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has revealed the club have a buy-back clause to re-sign England striker Harry Kane, should he leave Bayern Munich.
- Jurgen Klopp remains committed to Liverpool after recent speculation he is wanted by his country.
- Chelsea legend John Terry is part of a group that are among those exploring the prospect of buying a stake in Chelsea with co-controlling owner Todd Boehly open to new investment.
- Manchester United are set to tie down one of their brightest talents – striker Joe Hugill – to a new long-term contract but he could head out on loan in January.
- Chelsea could find out this week whether their plans to renovate Stamford Bridge will be able to go ahead following more than two months of talks with local residents.
- Arsenal are also interested in 19-year-old English forward Jamie Bynoe-Gittens at Borussia Dortmund.
- Manchester United chief executive Richard Arnold held a Zoom meeting with staff at the club to address unhappiness over a variety of issues this season.