FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Bukayo Saka is set to become the highest paid player at Arsenal after completing a verbal agreement to sign a contract extension with his boyhood club.
- Liverpool have received a timely boost with Ibrahima Konate returning to training after three weeks out.
- Manchester United want to strengthen their defence by signing Napoli’s South Korea centre-back Kim Min-jae, 26, who has a £42m release clause.
- Former West Ham and Everton forward Enner Valencia is close to joining Brazilian club Internacional from Fenerbahce, with the 33-year-old Ecuador international set to move on a free transfer.
- Chelsea are close to reaching a verbal agreement with Independiente del Valle to sign 15-year-old Ecuadorian midfielder Kendry Paez, who will be able to join when he turns 18.
- Sergio Ramos has confirmed his retirement from international football after a call from Spain’s new manager Luis de la Fuente.
- Josko Gvardiol is set to become the subject of intense interest from the Premier League once again this summer.
• Thursday’s Transfer Gossip: Kvaratskhelia, Osimhen, Foster, Fresneda, Pickford, Xhaka, Gvardiol, Cancelo
- Arsenal have put West Ham‘s England midfielder Declan Rice, 24, at the top of their wanted list this summer as the Gunners are unlikely to have the funds to compete for Borussia Dortmund‘s £150m-rated England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19.
- Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku, 29, is not keen to return to Chelsea after his loan spell at Inter Milan ends at the end of the season.
- Everton could move for Udinese’s Portuguese forward Beto, 25, in the summer after having a “huge” bid for the player turned down in January.
- Chelsea star Mykhailo Mudryk is ‘not in a good mood’ at the club according to Shakhtar Donetsk director of football Darijo Srna as the 40-year-old joked he would buy the player back.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Manchester United academy graduate Andreas Pereira has debunked the theory that Jose Mourinho limits chances for young players.
- Arsenal submitted a 70m euro (£61.7m) offer to Barcelona for the Brazil forward Raphinha, 26, in January.
- Inter Miami boss Phil Neville has revealed that the MLS side are hoping to secure ambitious swoops for Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has reportedly been thrown a transfer lifeline by Fenerbahce.