FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Barcelona are close to agreeing a deal with Manchester City captain and Germany midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 32.
- Chelsea have held talks with Sporting’s Ruben Amorim as they continue their search for their next permanent manager.
- Eddie Howe has refused to rule out a Newcastle move for a player like Declan Rice after insisting they only want to sign “elite” talent this summer.
- Jose Mourinho was impressed by Leicester City full-back James Justin last season, and the Mail believes that he may have done enough to earn a move to Roma in the summer.
- England striker Harry Kane, 29, will wait to reassess a new contract at Tottenham once the club has appointed a new manager, amid interest from Manchester United and Bayern Munich.
- Manchester City and Liverpool are eyeing Chelsea’s 20-year-old English defender Levi Colwill, who is currently on loan at Brighton.
Read Also: Robert Pires List Five Teams That Will Challenge For The Premier League Title Next Season
• ‘I Hope He Stays On The Bench And Doesn’t Play But I Love Him’_Roberto De Zerbi On Mykhaylo Mudryk
• Friday’s Transfer Gossip: Mac Allister, Rodriguez, Kante, Nagelsmann, Kane, James, Uribe, Mane
- Chelsea are prepared to make Barcelona and Spain midfielder Gavi one of the top earners in the Premier League in order to sign the 18-year-old.
- Anthony Gordon has apologised to Eddie Howe in clear-the-air talks with the Newcastle manager after reacting angrily to being substituted.
- Liverpool have made Brighton’s Argentina international Alexis Mac Allister, 24, their top midfield target this summer.
- Crystal Palace and Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 30, is set to reject a move to Saudi Arabia and remain in Europe once he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.
- Roma are also considering signing Leicester City and England full-back James Justin, 25, on loan with an option to make the move permanent for a 20m euro (£17.7m) fee.
- Fulham will set a £60m asking price for 27-year-old Portugal midfielder Joao Palhinha, who is a target for Manchester United.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Chelsea could sell as many as nine first-team players in order to balance their finances, with United States forward Christian Pulisic, 24, among those that could leave.
- Liverpool are among a number of clubs tracking Lyon and France Under-21 winger Bradley Barcola, 20.
- Bayern Munich star Leroy Sane reportedly asked club chiefs not to sack team-mate Sadio Mane – despite being punched by the Senegalese star in a furious row after their defeat to Manchester City.
- Paris Saint-Germain head coach Christophe Galtier has confirmed he will be taking legal action over claims he made racist or insulting remarks about Nice players while he was manager of the club last year.