FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Arsenal were turned down in January when they attempted to sign Martin Zubimendi from La Liga outfit Real Socieddad, and the 24-year-old Spaniard has suggested that he is no hurry to leave the club.
- Liverpool’s forgotten man Arthur Melo is set to leave the club without playing a single Premier League minute. That is despite him declaring it was a “dream” to join the Reds last summer.
- Premier League players are being urged to tone down their celebrations, in case their goal is cancelled by VAR.
- Tottenham risk missing out on former manager Mauricio Pochettino in the summer with the Argentine high on Real Madrid‘s wish list if current boss Carlo Ancelotti leaves.
- Chelsea have accepted they will need to take a sizeable loss if they are to sell Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 29, in the summer.
Read Also: Wednesday’s Transfer Gossip: Aubameyang, Lenglet, Osimhen, Disasi, Neves, Pochettino, Modric
- Eintracht Frankfurt‘s France forward Randal Kolo Muani, 24, who is a £105m target for Manchester United, has suggested he is open to a move this summer.
- Barcelona are interested in signing Monaco’s 21-year-old Brazilian defender Vanderson.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Several clubs have shown interest in signing English left-back Brandon Williams, 22, from Manchester United.
- Juventus’ France midfielder Adrien Rabiot, 27, has hinted he may be interested in a summer move to Liverpool.
- Manchester City have reignited their interest in Bayer Leverkusen‘s 19-year-old Germany midfielder Florian Wirtz.
- Dele Alli has not gone absent without leave at Besiktas as has been claimed by outspoken coach Senol Gunes but is in London after the Turkish club agreed to allow him to attend a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday.
- Brighton have confirmed that Chelsea paid £21.5m in compensation for prising away head coach Graham Potter and his backroom team last September.
- Tottenham attacker Dejan Kulusevski has voiced his respect for “important man” Antonio Conte despite the uncertainty over his club manager’s future.
- Former Chelsea defender Frank Leboeuf has said he is hopeful Chelsea will be able to sign Joao Felix this summer – and even suggested two players they might look to offload to help them in their pursuit.