FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Marcus Rashford is hoping to negotiate a contract worth £500,000 per week with Manchester United to extend his stay at Old Trafford.
- Luis Enrique has admitted he does not see himself managing in the Premier League in what could be a blow to Tottenham.
- Bayern Munich defender Matthijs de Ligt has revealed he was blindsided by the shock sacking of Julian Nagelsmann and the appointment of his successor Thomas Tuchel.
- Georgia’s 22-year-old winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is set to sign a new five-year deal to stay at Napoli.
- Former Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann, 35, and 51-year-old Argentine Mauricio Pochettino are open to succeeding Italian Antonio Conte at Tottenham – however both managers will wait to see if the Real Madrid job becomes available in the summer.
- Real Madrid have made Borussia Dortmund‘s England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, their priority signing, however the Spanish giants are also interested in Chelsea’s 23-year-old England defender Reece James.
- Premier League referees are being judged by a group of five former players and managers including Rob Green and Karen Carney – and have been told their accuracy on big decisions this season has improved.
Read Also: Argentina vs Curacao 7-0 Highlights (Download Video)
• Wednesday’s Transfer Gossip: Mount, Firmino, Kane, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford, Kovacic, Kim Min-jae
- Niko Kovac has turned down the chance to become Tottenham’s new manager according to reports.
- Manchester United are monitoring Eintracht Frankfurt‘s France forward Randal Kolo Muani, 24, and Atalanta’s 20-year-old Denmark striker Rasmus Hojlund in case they are priced out of a move for Tottenham and England frontman Harry Kane, 29.
Football Transfer Gossip
- Barcelona will press ahead with a deal for Gundogan after reaching a verbal agreement to sign Athletic Bilbao‘s Spain centre-back Inigo Martinez, 31.
- Ansu Fati’s father wants his son to leave Barcelona due to a lack of minutes this season.
- Manchester United legend Gary Pallister says Jude Bellingham already holds the key to next season’s Premier League title.
- One of Tottenham’s biggest supporters’ groups called upon the club to put out a “clear statement of strategy” following news of managing director Fabio Paratici‘s football ban being extended worldwide.
- Arsenal believe they can beat Premier League transfer rivals Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City to the signing of Declan Rice this summer.