FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Barcelona could allow the Netherlands forward Memphis Depay, 28, to leave in the January transfer window.
- Canada defender Alphonso Davies believes he will be fit for the World Cup after the 22-year-old suffered a hamstring strain playing for Bayern Munich against Hertha Belin last Saturday.
- Sadio Mane’s World Cup dream appears to be alive with the Bayern Munich star set to be named in the Senegal squad, according to reports.
- Billy Gilmour has opened up on the “frustrating” start to his Brighton career which has seen the Scotland star play just 13 minutes of first-team football since his summer move from Chelsea.
- Borussia Dortmund are confident they can keep 19-year-old England midfielder Jude Bellingham beyond the end of the current season, despite interest from several major clubs including Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United.
Read Also: Carabao Cup Full Draw: Manchester City Vs Liverpool
• EFL CUP: Manchester United vs Aston Villa 4-2 Highlights (Download Video)
• Thursday’s Transfer Gossip: Kane, Keane, Osimhen, Leao, Moukoko, Pellistri, Fernandez, Mykhaylo
- Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, will see a specialist to find out the extent of his dislocated shoulder issue.
- Former defender Gerard Pique says he will run for the Barcelona presidency after focusing on his other business ventures following his retirement from football this week.
- Paris St-Germain are interested in signing Atletico Madrid striker Joao Felix and the French champions could try to sign the 23-year-old Portugal international on loan during January.
- Former Tottenham full-back Pascal Chimbonda has urged his old side to make a play for James Maddison in the transfer window because the creative midfielder has the qualities required to turn their season around.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Aston Villa will target an ‘A-list’ forward in the January transfer window, while Villarreal’s Spain defender Pau Torres, 25, is also of interest to recently-appointed manager Unai Emery.
- Roma will turn their attention to Barcelona’s Spanish right-back Hector Bellerin, 27, with Portugal’s Diogo Dalot, 23, now a key part of Manchester United’s plans.
- Southampton will pay Championship side Luton Town more than £4m in compensation for manager Nathan Jones, who was announced as Saints’ replacement for the sacked Ralph Hasenhuttl on Thursday.
- Southampton will pay Luton in excess of £4m in compensation for Nathan Jones, who was named manager on Thursday morning after several years of closely monitoring his rise.
- Celtic are set to seek SFA clarification over Jota’s controversial offside goal against Motherwell.