FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta will have £50m to spend in January but is not planning on signing a replacement for Gabriel Jesus after the Brazil striker, 25, was ruled out of the rest of the World Cup with a knee injury.
- Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has admitted that it is difficult to refer to his team as a ‘golden generation’ when they haven’t won anything.
- Daley Blind has said the Netherlands are drawing inspiration at the World Cup from Louis van Gaal‘s recovery from cancer.
- Barcelona are keen on Mohammed Kudus but the Ghana midfielder, 22, is open to a move to the Premier League, with Ajax likely to ask for about £40m.
- Gabriel Jesus has flown back to London and will find out the extent of his injury following a consultation with Arsenal doctors on Monday, with some reports suggesting he will be out for three months.
- Everton and Leeds have joined Aston Villa and Wolves in the battle to sign Atletico Madrid‘s Brazil striker Matheus Cunha, 23.
Read Also: England vs Senegal 3-0 Highlights (Download Video)
• France vs Poland 3-1 Highlights (Download Video)
• Sunday’s Transfer Gossip: Zubimendi, Bennacer, Asensio, Grealish, Bellingham, Ronaldo, Gvardiol, Meunier
- Wolves are also in talks with Atletico about signing Brazil centre-back Felipe, 33, in a potential “package” deal with Cunha for January.
- Manchester United are ready to swoop in January to land Netherlands’ World Cup star Cody Gakpo – and PSV are willing to sell for £50m.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Leao was expected to join Real Madrid in the summer but he is now being lined up as a target for 2024 by the Spanish giants along with Manchester City‘s Norway striker Erling Haaland, 22, and Palmeiras’ Brazilian forward Endrick, 16.
- Spain right-back Hector Bellerin, 27, is close to joining Roma on loan from Barcelona.
- Barcelona want a long-term replacement for Spain midfielder Sergio Busquets, 34, and are interested in Leicester’s Youri Tielemans, who is out of contract at the end of the season, but they suspect the Belgium midfielder, 25, has already said he will join another club.
- A joint Saudi-Qatari consortium is preparing a £3.2bn bid to take over Liverpool.
- Luis Suarez has slammed Fifa for ‘blocking him from seeing his children’ after Uruguay were knocked out of the World Cup.
- Tottenham have joined Aston Villa, Fulham and Inter Milan in monitoring the situation of Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, 25, at Barcelona.
- Atletico Madrid are hoping Joao Felix can increase his value during the World Cup before looking to sell the Portugal forward, 23, in January.
- Watford are on the verge of completing the signing of Canada midfielder Ismael Kone, 20, from CF Montreal on a four-and-a-half-year deal.
- Real Madrid are reportedly set to cut ties with Eden Hazard after his poor performances in the World Cup with Belgium.