FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Brighton will demand £100 million for Moises Caicedo to depart in January amid serious interest from Chelsea.
- Newcastle United are confident they can sign Anthony Gordon from Everton, but they are also eyeing Hakim Ziyech from Chelsea.
- Aston Villa have been left frustrated after failing in an attempt to make Spain international Nico Williams their record signing.
- Villarreal and Senegal forward Nicolas Jackson, 21, will have a medical at Bournemouth on Wednesday before a 23m euro (£20.3m) move.
- Chelsea have opened talks with Brazil defender Thiago Silva, 38, over a new contract with his current deal set to run out at the end of the season.
- PSG forward Lionel Messi is considering his future in France and has concerns over signing a new deal with the Ligue 1 champions, according to reports.
- Sam Allardyce denied any rumours claiming he has been approached by Everton, but did state he was the “best of any recent manager” the Toffees have had.
- Everton have been put up for sale with an asking price of £500m.
- But, the owner Farhad Moshiri has later denied the reports of a potential sale, insisting he is committed to the struggling club.
- Arsenal could rival Chelsea for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo, 21, in the summer.
- UEFA are set to change their Financial Fair Play rules to combat the long contracts loophole which Chelsea have been using.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Cristiano Ronaldo‘s new club Al-Nassr are reportedly convinced he will end his career there, as he’ll be 40 years old when his contract ends in 2025.
- Everton will continue talks with Marcelo Bielsa about becoming their new manager but will also consider appointing their former boss Sam Allardyce.
- Bristol City‘s 29-year-old English goalkeeper Daniel Bentley is set to undergo a medical at Wolves.
- Nottingham Forest would like to sign 36-year-old Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas from Paris St-Germain.
- Everton are now expected to re-explore a deal for Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana after Arnaut Danjuma turned his back on a move to Goodison Park despite undergoing a medical at Finch Farm.
- Frank Lampard reveals his nightmare at Everton will “make him stronger” – and he’s vowed to return and prove himself in the Premier League.
- Arsenal look set to beat Barcelona to the signing of highly-rated midfielder Martin Zubimendi as transfer is expected to be completed at the end of the season and Arsenal will pay the player release clause.