FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Tottenham and Arsenal are in a transfer battle to sign Ecuador’s 20-year-old defender Piero Hincapie, according to reports.
- Manchester United have opened talks in their attempts to sign 33-year-old Switzerland keeper Yann Sommer, whose contract with Borussia Monchengladbach runs out in the summer.
- Inter Milan are keen on signing Roma’s former England centre-back Chris Smalling with the 33-year-old’s contract coming to an end next summer.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly called in his lawyers to demand a £17m payment from former club Juventus.
- Manchester United are out of the race to sign England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, from Borussia Dortmund. Liverpool, Manchester City and Real Madrid are the frontrunners.
- Leeds United are yet to enter new contract talks with Spain forward Rodrigo, with 18 months left on the 31-year-old’s current deal.
- Napoli have joined a number of clubs interested in 25-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, whose preference is to remain with Barcelona.
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany is on the shortlist to replace Roberto Martinez as Belgium head coach.
- Inter Milan would find it hard to turn down an offer of 50m euros (£43m) with add-ons worth 10m euros (£8.6m) for Dutch defender Denzel Dumfries, 26, who has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United.
- Spain defender Cesar Azpilicueta, 33, says he opted to stay with Chelsea rather than move to Barcelona in the summer after the Stamford Bridge club’s new owners “showed me that they wanted me to stay”.
- Real Madrid are interested in Azpilicueta and could even make Chelsea an offer for the right-back during the January transfer window.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Real Madrid‘s chances of signing Brazilian wonderkid Endrick have increased as it’s reported that they have promised to meet a condition in which they won’t also sign Man City star Erling Haaland.
- Newcastle United are looking at making a move for 25-year-old Fulham defender Antonee Robinson, who has impressed playing for the United States at the 2022 World Cup.
- England players have been advised to review their security measures after a burglary at Chelsea winger Raheem Sterling‘s home while he was in Qatar at the World Cup.
- Harry Kane has turned to David Beckham for captaincy tips as he attempts to lead England to World Cup glory.
- Vincent Kompany is on the shortlist to replace Roberto Martinez as Belgium boss.