FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- West Ham manager David Moyes‘ future beyond this season is under increasing doubt with the process of identifying potential successors ahead of next season underway.
- Roy Hodgson has once again impressed at Crystal Palace, and The Telegraph thinks that he could be kept on in some form next season.
- Southampton have told midfielder James Ward-Prowse, 28, he can leave in the summer if the club is relegated. Tottenham, West Ham and Newcastle are all interested in the England international.
- Ivory Coast centre-back Eric Bailly, 29, will return to United this summer with Marseille choosing not to take up an option to make his loan deal permanent.
- William Saliba is ready to put his body on the line to play in Arsenal’s title run-in despite concerns of injury complications if he is rushed back.
- Newcastle United are planning to make a big splash in the summer and are expected to spend heavily again under their new Saudi Arabian owners.
- Steven Gerrard is reportedly on the shortlist to be the next head coach at Greek side Olympiakos six months after being sacked by Aston Villa.
- Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane, 29, is Paris St-Germain‘s top attacking target this summer.
- Manchester United are keen on signing Marcus Thuram this summer from Borussia Monchengladbach, but they face some obstacles as Italian side Inter Milan are also keen on the player as they prepare for the end of Romelu Lukaku’s loan.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Manchester United and Liverpool are leading the race for Brighton and Argentina midfielder Alexis Mac Allister, 25, with Arsenal’s negotiations not as advanced.
- Barcelona dressing room increasingly believes Argentina and Paris St-Germain forward Lionel Messi, 35, will re-join in the summer.
- John O’Shea has moved into favourite position to take over as the next Reading manager following the sacking of Paul Ince.