Chelsea will be desperate to return to winning ways on their Premier League trip to Wolves this weekend.
The Blues lost ground in the title race to rivals Manchester City and Liverpool after slipping to a 1-1 draw to Everton on Thursday.
Thomas Tuchel’s side had already been struggling with a succession of injuries before their squad was also hit by a Covid outbreak in midweek.
Wolves, meanwhile, bounced back from a defeat to City by battling to a 1-0 victory away at Brighton on Wednesday.
Wolves v Chelsea: Team news
Wolve can welcome back talisman Raul Jimenez back from suspension following the red card he received at the Etihad.
However, Wolves are expected to be without both Rayan Ait-Nouri and Hwang Hee-chan after the pair suffered injuries against Brighton.
Chelsea are dealing with several cases of coronavirus with Callum Hudson-Odoi, Timo Werner, Romelu Lukaku all set to miss this fixture.
Kai Havertz was also struggling with illness with Ben Chilwell the only long-term absentee for the Blues.
Wolves v Chelsea: Match facts
- Wolves have won just three of their 14 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (D2 L9), though all three of those wins have come in home games (January 2011, December 2018 and December 2020).
- Chelsea have alternated between defeat (3) and victory (2) in their last five Premier League away games against Wolves, losing 2-1 in this fixture last season.
- Wolves have lost 12 of their last 15 games against reigning European champions in all competitions, winning the other three. They’ve lost their last five such games in a row since beating Liverpool 1-0 at Molineux in August 1981.
- Wolves’ home games have seen fewer goals scored than any other Premier League side’s this season (12 – F5 A7), with no side netting fewer home goals so far this term than Wolves.
- At West Ham last time out, Chelsea lost away from home in the Premier League under Thomas Tuchel for just the second time. The Blues last lost consecutive away league games in December 2020 – a run of three, in which the second defeat was against Wolves.
- Wolves’ last six Premier League matches have seen just four goals scored (two 1-0 wins, two 1-0 defeats, two 0-0 draws). It’s the fewest goals scored across a six-game spell by any team in the competition since Wigan in January/February 2009 (also four), with Wigan’s game after this run a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.
- Chelsea have conceded at least once in each of their last five Premier League games – it’s their longest run without a clean sheet under Thomas Tuchel, and their longest overall run in the competition since January/February 2020 (6 under Frank Lampard).
- Reece James has provided five Premier League assists for Chelsea this season (13 games), one more than he had in his previous two campaigns combined (4 in 56 appearances).
- Mason Mount has scored in each of his last four Premier League games for Chelsea – the last player to score in five in a row in the competition for the Blues was Frank Lampard between April/August 2010.
- Chelsea’s Mason Mount has both scored and assisted a goal in his last two Premier League away games. Only two players have done so in three consecutive away appearances in the competition – Son Heung-min in January 2019 and Bruno Fernandes in November 2020.