FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Chelsea view Mount as a future club captain but his current deal makes the Blues Academy graduate one of the lowest-paid players in the squad.
- Liverpool and Juventus are keeping track of the growing uncertainty around Mason Mount’s future after Chelsea’s talks with the England midfielder over a new deal were put on hold until after the World Cup.
- Erling Haaland’s agent Rafaela Pimenta has declared there are no concrete plans for the Norwegian striker’s future as of yet amid rumours linking him with a move away from Manchester City before the end of his current deal.
- Poland’s national team were escorted by fighter jets on their way to Qatar for the World Cup.
- Argentina and Uruguay have each taken 900kg of meat to Qatar so players and staff can have a taste of home during the World Cup.
- A January deal could be on the cards for Liverpool to sign 19-year-old England midfielder Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund.
- Manchester City were surprised to hear Cristiano Ronaldo claim he came “close” to moving to the Etihad in the summer of 2021.
Read Also: ‘I Felt Provoked By The Coach’_ Cristiano Ronaldo On Storming Down The Tunnel Early Against Tottenham.
- David Beckham is facing further criticism for his role as an ambassador for Qatar after claiming the World Cup would be a platform for progress, inclusivity and tolerance.
- Fulham, Bayer Leverkusen and Villarreal are interested in signing Portugal right-back Cedric Soares, 31, from Arsenal in January.
- Aston Villa rejected the opportunity to sign Portugal midfielder Joao Palhinha before the 27-year-old joined Fulham.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Former Barcelona and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, 35, has turned down the offer to join Brazilian side Gremio once his contract with Nacional in his native Uruguay expires.
- Arsenal will reportedly host Juventus in their final warm-up match before the resumption of the Premier League season on Boxing Day, while the Serie A side have also scheduled another clash with Barcelona during the World Cup break.
- Christopher Nkunku has defended his France team-mate Eduardo Camavinga after he was subjected to vile racist abuse this week.
- Former Tottenham, Southampton and Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino says he would be “open to everything” when asked if he would be interested in becoming England manager.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has hailed his long-term rival Lionel Messi as an “amazing player” – and insisted there is a deep level of respect between the two superstars.
- Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea was left bemused by a congratulatory message from the Spanish FA on his retirement from international duty – despite being yet to hang up his gloves.
- Only three days before kick-off, the Qatari hosts were putting pressure on FIFA to perform a complete U-turn on the beer policy at the World Cup and stop selling Budweiser at the eight World Cup stadiums altogether.