FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Cristiano Ronaldo has become the highest-paid sportsman ever with his £173m Al Nassr deal, smashing Lionel Messi and Canelo Alvarez‘s pay.
- Tottenham winger Bryan Gil, 21, wants to go back to Valencia and may get his wish in January.
- Newcastle have been heavily linked with highly-rated 19-year-old Velez Sarsfield midfielder Maximo Perrone, but Manchester City may have beaten the Magpies to his signature.
- Erik ten Hag reportedly tried to shut down any excuses by ordering one Manchester United player to ‘stop whining’ after he complained it was too hot to play during the team’s defeat against Brentford in August.
- Chelsea are pressing ahead with a club-record transfer that could see Enzo Fernandez arrive at Stamford Bridge in January.
• Friday’s Transfer Gossip: Kessie, Shelvey, Fernandez, Milinkovic-Savic, Ronaldo, Ramos, Bellingham, Tielemans, Caicedo.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers target Viktor Gyokeres, 24, is going nowhere in the January transfer window, says the Sweden forward’s Coventry City boss Mark Robins.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Southampton are interested in signing Lorient and Nigeria striker Terem Moffi, 23, in January.
- Real Madrid are ready to spend over 100m euros (£88.6m) to sign 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, who is also a target for Liverpool.
- Scotland captain Andy Robertson has been rewarded for services to football, charity and young people having been named on the New Year Honours list.
- Pep Guardiola and Mikel Arteta believe Newcastle United have emerged as serious title contenders.
- Jorginho, 31, wants to return to Napoli when his Chelsea contract ends, but Barcelona and Newcastle are also interested in the Italy midfielder.
- Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi believes Arsenal target Mykhailo Mudryk could one day become a Ballon d’Or winner.
- Raul Jimenez, 31, is likely to be allowed to leave Wolves in January if the club succeed in signing another striker.