FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Borussia Monchengladbach and France forward Marcus Thuram, 25, would rather join Manchester United than Newcastle or Aston Villa, who are also interested.
- Mykhailo Mudryk says Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is a “top coach”, with Chelsea joining the Gunners in the race for the 21-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk winger.
- Tottenham Hotspur have “taken the first steps” in a deal to re-sign English Sporting Lisbon midfielder Marcus Edwards, 24.
- Spurs are also close to completing a £35m deal for Sporting Lisbon defender Pedro Porro, 23.
- Jude Bellingham‘s father wants the England and Borussia Dortmund midfielder to join Liverpool, with Real Madrid and Manchester City also seeking the 19-year-old’s signature.
- Portugal forward Joao Felix, 23 – a Manchester United target – is open to leaving Atletico Madrid in January.
- Los Angeles FC have beaten interested Premier League clubs to sign Croatian forward Stipe Biuk, 20.
- Juventus are interested in 29-year-old Everton and Mali midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- MLS side Sporting Kansas City tried to sign Cristiano Ronaldo before the 37-year-old joined Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr.
- Newcastle have made a “very big offer” for Real Madrid defender Ferland Mendy, 27.
- Chelsea are trying to sign France defender Benoit Badiashile but Monaco boss Philippe Clement has warned they are not the only club trying to sign the 21-year-old.
- Leeds United are close to finalising a deal to sign defender Maximilian Wober, 24, from Red Bull Salzburg.