FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Arsenal may have to postpone their planned move for Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine winger Mykhailo Mudryk, 21, after the injury to Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus.
- France midfielder Adrien Rabiot has revealed he would like to play in the Premier League. The 27-year-old, who was linked with Manchester United in the summer, is out of contract at Juventus at the end of the season.
- Arsenal academy boss Per Mertesacker could be hired by Germany’s football association to be their new sporting director.
- AC Milan could be willing to compete with Barcelona for the signing of Arsenal’s Brazil midfielder Gabriel Martinelli, 21, should they decide to sell Portugal winger Rafael Leao, 23, in January.
- Manchester City midfielder Rodri has criticised Morocco’s counterattacking game plan after the North African nation stunned Spain on penalties to set up a World Cup quarter-final against Portugal.
• Wednesday’s Transfer Gossip: Garnacho, Maddison, Endrick, Martinelli, Bellingham, Ronaldo, Kessie, Moyes
- PSV and Netherlands winger Cody Gakpo, 23, says he would “think” about joining Manchester United, but has had no contact from the Premier League club.
- Tottenham and Liverpool are interested in signing Morocco midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, 26, from Fiorentina when the transfer window opens in January.
- Arsenal, Barcelona and Paris St-Germain are interested in signing 15-year-old Palmeiras and Brazil winger Estevao Willian.
- Bayern Munich are set to offer Germany forward Jamal Musiala, 19, a new deal.
- Marseille want to sign Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 30, from Crystal Palace when his contract expires in 2023.
- Roma are in advanced talks with the agent of 28-year-old Netherlands forward Memphis Depay over a move from Barcelona.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Atletico Madrid are willing to listen to offers for 23-year-old Portugal forward Joao Felix, who wants to leave the club.
- West Ham want to sign a new striker in the January transfer window.
- Chelsea owner Todd Boehly has confirmed his commitment to a massive redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, despite fears of potentially moving the club elsewhere.
- Raheem Sterling is ready to return to the World Cup with England ahead of Saturday’s quarter-final with France after his family home was burgled.