FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Alejandro Garnacho is reportedly set to see his wages increase by 10 times in a new Manchester United contract.
- England playmaker James Maddison, 26, and Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans, 25, have been linked with leaving Leicester City but the Foxes would be resistant to letting either player leave in January.
- Real Madrid are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of 16-year-old Palmeiras forward Endrick, who can only move when he turns 18 in 2024.
- Arsenal have not ruled out recalling striker Folarin Balogun, 21, from his loan spell at French club Stade Reims in January as they assess the injury to Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 25.
- England and Premier League footballers are dismayed by the security arrangements made for them by their clubs with players even ready to have safety measures written into their contracts.
- Cristiano Ronaldo was spotted being the first player down the tunnel while his Portugal team-mates stayed on the pitch to celebrate their 6-1 win over Switzerland at the World Cup.
- Moussa Dembele could reportedly leave Lyon for as little as £5m in January as the Ligue 1 side look to cash in on the former Celtic striker.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Barcelona are tracking Arsenal and Brazil winger Gabriel Martinelli, 21, with a view to making a move for him in the January transfer window.
- Borussia Dortmund would be willing to sell England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, next summer for 100m-150m euros
- Paris St-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi says “everybody” wants to sign the “amazing” Bellingham and the French club will go through Dortmund first if they want to make a move for him.
- Newcastle’s record signing Alexander Isak will miss the club’s mid-season friendlies and faces a race against time to be fit for the return of the Premier League.
- Italy midfielder Marco Verratti, 30, will sign a new contract with Paris St-Germain.
- Aston Villa will be offered Leicester City and Denmark centre-back Jannik Vestergaard, 30, during the January transfer window.
- Newcastle have been inundated with loan offers for 18-year-old Australia forward Garang Kuol after his performances at the World Cup – before he has officially joined the club. The Magpies agreed a £300,000 transfer with Central Coast Mariners earlier this year with Kuol set to move to Newcastle in January.
- Barcelona have approached Frenkie de Jong‘s entourage in an effort to lower the Dutchman’s wage and free up funds for upcoming transfer moves, according to reports.
- Tottenham have emerged as the favourites to sign 25-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie from Barcelona.
- David Moyes faces the sack as West Ham manager amid an increasingly tense relationship with club co-chairman David Sullivan.
- The France national team have strongly denied claims there was some form of training ground bust-up just days before their World Cup quarter-final clash against England.