- Manchester City are set to make Erling Haaland the country’s best-paid star with talks over a new deal worth £28.6m a year.
- Tottenham could agree to end French keeper Hugo Lloris‘ deal with the club a year early after the 36-year-old failed to secure a move on transfer deadline day having been offered a late switch to Newcastle United and approached by Nice.
- Glazer family no longer has any plans to sell Manchester United after failing to attract a sufficiently tempting offer.
- Juan Mata, the former Manchester United midfielder, has chosen a move to Japanese club Vissel Kobe.
- Liverpool have strengthened in midfield this summer but Kop legend Graeme Souness says they need to be ready for interest in Mohamed Salah.
- Juventus want to extend the contracts of a number of players at the club, including 23-year-old Serbia striker Dusan Vlahovic, who was linked with a move to the Premier League in the summer.
- Manchester City have signed Jamal Baptiste after he left West Ham, and will send him on loan to Belgium.
- Brendan Rodgers has put Liverpool keeper Caoimhin Kelleher at the top of his Celtic wanted list.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is hoping the club reject a possible offer of £200m from Al-Ittihad for Egypt forward Mohamed Salah as he wants the 31 year-old to stay with the Reds for the rest of this season.