Football Transfer News: Summer transfer closed but, Clubs are still negotiating a possible move ahead of winter window
- Manchester United chiefs are split on transfer policy – Erik ten Hag wants to make more signings in January, but chief executive Richard Arnold wants to wait until summer.
- France defender Benjamin Pavard considered leaving Bayern Munich this summer, with Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris St-Germain, Atletico Madrid and Juventus keen on a move for the 26-year-old.
- Chelsea manager Graham Potter wants to make a move for Tottenham and England star Harry Kane, 29, and is ready to offer Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 29, in exchange.
- Premier League clubs are reportedly watching Eintracht Frankfurt winger Ansgar Knauff, 20, with him being compared to Arjen Robben.
- Leicester City’s board are considering Brendan Rodgers’ future at the club but compensation for him and a potential replacement could be an issue as they are also under pressure to reduce their cost base due to FFP regulations.
- Barcelona are interested in signing Real Madrid and Spain winger Marco Asensio, 26, on a free transfer when his contract expires next summer.
Read Also: Premier League: Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Compared To Rivals Arsenal, Tottenham, City And Man Utd
- Premier League clubs will insist on FA Cup third and fourth round replays being scrapped as part of plans to increase financial support flowing down to the lower levels of English football.
- Liverpool are interested in Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, 21, who has been compared to Neymar.
- Bayern Munich have publicly backed manager Julian Nagelsmann after defeat by Augsburg at the weekend left the champions fifth in the Bundesliga.
- Paul Pogba has revealed he was held at gunpoint by two men who demanded £11m from him in a July incident which has now seen five suspects detained, including his brother Mathias.
- Liverpool are monitoring Flamengo midfielder Joao Gomes, 21, as Jurgen Klopp looks for reinforcements in a problem area.
- Kylian Mbappe has forced the French Football Federation into an embarrassing climbdown in their dispute over image rights, with his failure to appear at a photo-shoot followed hours later by the FFF saying work was ongoing over a new agreement.
- Liverpool will make a further move for Real Madrid’s young star Fede Valverde, potentially in January according to reports in Spain.
- Brazilian wonderkid Joao Gomes says he has the “greatest desire” to play for Liverpool as rumours continue to swirl about the midfielder leaving Flamengo for the Premier League.
- West Ham have told Argentine winger Manuel Lanzini, 29, he is free to leave in January, and attempted to find a buyer before the summer transfer deadline.
- Marcus Rashford is “hopeful” he will be back to full fitness in time for Manchester United’s derby clash with City on October 2.